Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Feel bad talking about myself

4 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

hello Want2bbetter,

please tell more.. if OK with you... wish you the best

4 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Welcome!

I am sorry to read you have been struggling with depression for so long. I am inspired to see that you are still working on it, despite the struggle. I wish you will find someone soon as well. I think we all need someone to hug.

Depression can have a big impact on relationships. Relationships can be tough even when everyone involved is healthy; so, I can understand your discouragement. Especially if you have had an past relationship traumas.

I have a tough question for you though, do you think relationships always go wrong or do you think the depression may be colouring your experience? Some relationships may not last forever and they may have hurdles; but, they may also have positive aspects about them as well. What are your thoughts on this? I know you have experienced a lot of counselling; so, I hope you are comfortable if I ask some challenging questions sometimes? If not, please let me know. I am happy to adjust :)

Hope to read from you more soon!

You are not alone in this.

Ashley

4 years ago +1 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hello All,

I've always felt alone and sad and realized I was suffering from depression in my late 30's. Now in my early 50's and years of counselling I still struggle everyday. I'm afraid to relate to anyone as it always goes wrong. I can't turn off the anexity, wish I had someone to confide in, to hug.

Reading this thread: