Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Hello

8 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Monika,

I am glad you found us and I am also glad that you are getting appropriate treatment for the depression. Skin picking can be a disorder called Excoriation Disorder. If you are concerned about this it will be important to talk to a doctor. Only a doctor who sees you in person will be able to diagnose you for Excoriation Disorder. This disorder is often a symptom of another disorder like OCD, anxiety, a skin disorder, etc. Proper treatment will depend on what other symptoms you are experiencing. Is the nail picking preventing you from concentrating or do you feel it is the depression?

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Everyone,

Name is Monika. Was initially diagnosed with Post Partum 2.5 years ago. Stopper my Zoloft about 10 months ago. I relapsed and now have depression. I am back on Zoloft and starting to slowly feel like myself again but still not a 100%. Also, I noticed I started to pick at me fingers/cuticles until they bleed. I know in my mind it wrong and the aftermath but I can't stop myself. lots of bandages around my fingers. Supper hard to concentrate, especially at work.

Any suggestions?

Reading this thread: