Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Hello

11 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you, both of you. I hope that this site will help me out like it has for you ~m. My counsellor from school referred me to this site. For the past 6 years I have had my emotions go up and down and I've tried to commit suicide twice. I finally decided to seek help. I will do my very best to go on the site often. With the stresses of school, co-op and volunteering, I will do my best to make the time to use this resource as much as possible.
11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for your honesty ~m.

The site has certainly been inactive lately. Seasonally, the site should pick up soon. We can continue to keep discussions going and hopefully soon more members will post. It does take work to participate here but the more engaged members can be in the support group and program the better their chances are for success.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kathia,

What a great question!  Welcome to the site and this forum.  I can tell you that all of the the Evolution Health websites have education as a basis for the help offered.   If you do the program, ask questions of the Health Educators, and participate on the forums you will get better... you will be helped.

I have been using the Evolution Health sites for about two years now and as a result I have stopped smoking, learned to moderate my alcohol intake, and overcome agoraphobia.  Online interaction with other members has been a very important motivation and help in finding healthier ways of coping with life.  It is such a gift to be able to connect with people who "get it" ... people wanting and working hard to get healthy, be happier, feel stronger.

The Depression Center offers good education and support from the Health Educators... but support from other members is weak.  I suspect this is due to the nature of depression.  It's is hard to participate when it takes everything you have just to get out of bed.  

It's a shame really.  A lot of effort has been put into the design of this program, yet few people who sign up... participate or stay around for very long.  Those that stay get do get better and move on. I'm kinda hanging on... my depression lingers and I wish other members were able to offer more support (or ask for support themselves).  I've seen how powerful such a connection can be and I do miss that interaction.

I hope this answers your question (without stepping on any member or educator toes).  I appreciate your asking this important question.  Shows insight on your part and helped me articulate what is good about the DC and what is maybe lacking.  I hope you will stick around, but mostly my hope for you is to find the help you need... no matter where it comes from.
11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kathia,

Welcome to the group.

Hopefully a few members will be along shortly to answer your question.

What brings you here?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I'm Kathia, has anyone found this online community to help them with their depression?

Reading this thread: