Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Just introducing myself

13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the update- I just asked you on another thread! I'm really glad that you are taking these important steps.

Medication isn't for everyone but try to keep an open-mind if this continues to interfere with your life significantly. You might be amazed! Medication can get you to a place where you have the energy, focus, and motivation to learn how to cope better, do the Cognitive Behavior Therapy. Ease off the meds once you have healthy coping skills in place. I'm sure other members have stories to share regarding this.

Glad you are doing better. Stay strong!

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tiana,

Just wanted to let you know I saw my doc today.  We have another appointment in two weeks time.  She gave me some info about a counselling service at the local University, they offer services on a sliding pay scale...which may allow me to afford the counselling.  Counselling in the past has always been positive (while difficult) and beneficial.  She also gave me some information on medication...I really am not keen on meds though, too scary in my mind...but I will read through the information and do some more research.

I have had some positive moments, and feel I am getting some more support from my supervisor at work.  I also have been pretty hard on myself about some things the past couple days, and between that and the doctors today (anxiety trigger) I am exhausted.

I'm by no means up to par, but feel I have been more productive in the past couple days....moving in the right direction.

You're welcome, Courage! I'm here to help, or help guide you to help!

Just replied to your other post. Please check that out and do check in with your family doctor as soon as you can.

Sorry that you are struggling. It will get better because you are making sure that it does! Good for you! That is so important and a scary step that many others woudn't take. You are very brave and doing great!

Keep letting us know how we can help.

Tiana, Health Educator
Thanks for being here again Tiana.  Not much makes sense to me right now.  I had a great day yesterday, and really tried to use that positive energy in to today, but I have been useless at work.  I'm tired, sore, even my vision seems affected (weak).  I read through all of the first session, but really not much of it stuck/or struck a cord because I wasn't REALLY reading it, just grasping for an answer, a start, something positive to give me strength. 

I do know that this could still be my quit.  For the most part I think the quit is going well, craves are bad when I spend any amount of time with smokers but outside of that I really don't find myself struggling much with it - though I don't know myself as a ex-smoker, and am sure that contributes to the lost feeling.  The idea of dealing with smoking and depression at once seems too much, in the beginning, I tried to peg it all on the quit, now I want to peg it all on the depression.

I wrote in another area here tonight, about work - decision making is another great one for someone experiencing depression, and I really can't seem to decide if I can push through this, or if I legitimately need time off. 

I think posting is my energy effective way of coping right now, so thank you again for listening.
Be gentle with yourself, Courage! Picking away at the program might help and actually give you more energy and motivation. Or maybe for you at this time, posting is your energy-efficient way of getting started while taking care of yourself.  What makes sense to you?

You decide and we be here for you. Keep us posted and let us know how we can help. Be mindful that you may still be feeling the repercussions of your quit.

Tiana, Health Educator
Thank you Strength and Ray, for popping by to say hello.  Strength and Courage do seem to go hand in hand, don't they.  I picked my nickname to remind me of on of my favorite quotes...

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage"...With or without depression, I would like to think I am the type of person that wants to grow always, the depression just slow's down the progression at times.  I am more than I allow myself to be, and that in itself can be depressing.  I don't want my life, my impact in the world, my impact on my family, or my impact in my own life to be small.

I'm still not in the best place to really committ to this homework yet.  I know procrastination and depression go hand in hand.  I feel I have to get caught up and on track at work and I am having a hard enough time just with that end of things right now.  My girlfriend and I had some good conversations recently, and I am feeling her support (one less area to worry/stress about), and my best friend has been in touch eveyday this past week - I maintain that I am on the right track here, but still struggling everyday, some more than others.  I am torn, part of me thinks that if I push through, and tackle the homework/sessions it will help get me on track at work, and part of me feels I really need to take some time away from work and just rest before I take this on.  

Best wishes everyone,

13 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
heyye courage,

At times i feel like giving up, i start losing hope, feel lonely,i think i have no support..........
but coming here .......sharing.....and doing the program makes me feel good and brings back the lost hope and i feel that there are a lot of friends with me.....am not alone in this struggle with myself ......
hope you too get benefited from this.....
wishing u smiles......
-RAY
13 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Courage,

Welcome to the site, I think our screen names go really great together! Strength and courage...two things that are definitely required to beat depression. Get right into the program it really does help and I learned from it as well. Most of all post here and benefit from the support you receive.

Again welcome and feel free to ask any questions.

Strength 

Thanks for checking in Tiana.  I have only just begun to read the first section.  I have limited internet access, and have been busy and ill.  Off work yesterday and just a half day of work today - as there's a portion of my workday that I couldn't miss, but still ill with a stomach bug and heading home to bed asap.  I know I have to do the work and that I will benefit from it, and I will start plugging away as time and energy permit.
C  
Hey Courage,

Any progress in the program? Is it helping?

We are here for you!

Tiana, Health Educator

Reading this thread: