Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

lost

15 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lovelife! Welcome!
Yours is a great nick. In the passed I was saved several times by the simple love of life
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Lovelife. Welcome and well done for posting. That first post is not easy at all, and takes a deal of courage.

I can't add too much to the welcome everyone else has given you. Just remember, if your daughters think you're a great mom, then you are. They are the best ones to judge that, wouldn't you think?

Hope to see you around the forum.

Pete
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome lovelife.

you had a great idea!  if you do not have the words or the "vocabulary" then by all means feel free to borrow as much as you need!  that is what learning is all about.

THe more you learn what depression is and how depression manifests itself in you the better prepared you will be to face it and to heal.  I am sure you will be more confident talking about your your self and your pain and will be in a position to get the best help available.

So Welcome to the gang LoveLife.
15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Lovelife,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for introdicing yourself!
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
welcome lovelife!!!!!
15 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi lovelife - the first thing you do is congratulate yourself for raising 2 daughters that love and trust you! then you get a proper diagnosis and take it from there. there is a light at the end of the tunnel - you just need to identify the tunnel! you may have to take antidepressants - don't be afraid to do so. you're not stupid - don't even think it! you are smart for making a very big effort and step in the right direction.  use your own words, and use them freely!
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Love life,

Welcome to our support community.  Yes, we do know  where you  re coming from and the members here can also share their experiences and support with you.  Are you currently working with a doctor or therapist?  Use the depression test as a guide to help you both better assess the situation.

Being active in your progress in commendable and you are setting a good example for your girls . Look over the program and begin the sessions when you are ready, step by step it can hep you.

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi lovelife

Welcome to the forum and program. Here you will find a safe place to be honest with yourself and people who really understand what you are going through. The moderators are very supportive and give alot of good advice. What is great is that there is no pretending here- you can be as miserable or as happy as you feel in that moment. This is a great program and has wonderful support. Thanks for taking the leap and introducing yourself to us. You have come to the right place
15 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
today I am totally lost.  This blog made me feel stupid.  I wanted to introduce myself and was not able to find out how.  Got really aggrevated.  on reading other´s people entry I found this:

Hello everyone. I've been depressed for several years now. Was verbally/emotionally abused and have little to no self esteem now. My whole life as I knew it has changed. I have no friends and am quite alone. Feeling of helplessness and sadness are overwhelming sometimes. I would be nice to have someone to 'talk' to and share my feelings.

Although I did not write this first, it is me and it is terrible to feel this way.  I have no idea of what to do with myself and the scary part is that I have 2 daughters that depend on me who actually think that I am a great mom and trust me. 

Wish the best to all
Lovelife

Reading this thread: