Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Glad to have found this site

18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jenn just wanted to see how you are going.I hope you are doing ok talk to you soon.Gabbi.
18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Jenn, I'm glad that you decided to join us on this board. I is a wonderful support place. I started the CBT sessions 2 weeks ago and already I see some change. It is hard work but it really makes a difference. It helps you to reach your goals by taking little steps every week . Be assured of my support and of my friendship. I'm sure that you will pull through the hardship you are experiencing right now; we will walk together ok ? Love, SarahL
18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jenn im so grateful to the people who made this site possible to know that there are so many people who know what we are going through really helps me because i feel so alone.Even though i hate the thought of other people feeling like this.Sorry to hear of your divorce you are dealing with a lot of stress at the moment but you will pull through it just know that ok.I am here if you need any support anytime you need it :)Gabbi.
18 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jenn, Welcome to the site. Thanks for sharing your experiences in your introduction with us. You have found a great place to share your feelings of depression. Members here truly understand what it is like to experience these feelings. Please take the time to look at our new Depression Program, tools and references. In addition to the Depression Program and anonymous discussion forum, we also have an instant messaging system to contact and speak to other members whenever you like. The members here are supportive and knowledgeable. Please let us know if you need any assistance with any of the features of the site. We look forward to hearing from you again soon, Casey _____________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team
18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, I'm Jenn, 33, mother of a 2 year old who is going through a divorce. I have been depressed since I can remember, with a family history of depression, suicide and suscide attempts, and have experienced many forms of abuse during childhood and beyond. I have been in and out of therapy and on and off of medications for the last 10 years. When my life is going ok, I keep my depression and anxiety at bay with daily strenous exercise. When life takes those inescapable downturns, exercise just doesn't cut it. It seems to be getting worse, or else my life has just been taking more frequent and more serious downturns. About five years ago I attempted suicide and was hospitilized. Then I met a man I believed was wonderful, married and got pregnant. All the chances in situation and hormones led to another serious depression which worsened postpartum. I worked hard to get out of it and found a good therapist, psychiatrist and medication. I thought things were turning up when my husband served me with divorce papers and i moved into a hotel and then into a condo. Between all the stress and not eating well, I had a seizure and had to stop the medications that were working and start again. Now I am trying to start so many things again from medications to a new home, job, daycare for my child as I was a stay at home mom, and feel like I am trying to start my whole life over again. I'm not sure if I have the strength or will to go through it, but I love my daughter so much I am doing the best I can for her if not for myself. I am here becauseI need support now more than ever. My family is not supportive and tends to make me feel worst even though they have good intentions (I think) I have a handful of friends from a post-partum depression support group I joined but we are beginning to drift apart. Whatever few friends I have made recently I have either moved away from or lost to my husband in the divorce. I know that medication and therapy alone is not enough to get me through me worst depressions, and I don't want to ever end up in a hospital again, so I'll try anything and everything I can think of and can force myself to until things get better or for as long as I can. [font=Tahoma]Thanks for listening, hope to do the same for any of you. Jenn[/font]

Reading this thread: