Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Beta Blocker and Depression

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lance,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Make sure to ask your doctor any questions you may have about the side effects of your medication.  Do revisit the program, Session 18: Moving Forward has a section on Setbacks. This section has numerous suggestions on what to do if you experience a set back.

Members, what have your experiences with this been?

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My neurologist prescribed me some beta blocker for migraine prophylaxis and I felt it made me slide down the slippery slope a bit and I stopped it. If you're pre-disposed to depression, I think you have to be really cautious, more cautious than most none psychiatrists realize.
13 years ago 0 194 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Things have been going very well for quite a while. I have been very active and staying busy, getting a "life".

My blood pressure had been high for a while and in the past I was on a beta blocker for that and my driving panic/anxiety. So the doctor prescribed Propanolol. My BP is great, problem is I am tired, feel like ive slipped into depression issues and just plain feel lousy now. The Doctor said give it a full six weeks to adjust to it all.

I'm just concerned since the old depression feelings we know all to well are a very real thing and they are terrible!

Only "WE" the ones who have been there know the reality of this. ( had to mention )

This hasnt been the worst, but it seems close, I spent much of last weekend sleeping, havnt been to the gym in over a week, eating bad and a bad frame of mind.

I know I need to fight this and I will, It's just a bad place to be.

Any experience on this would be appreciated. Thanks! Lance

Reading this thread: