Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

work relationships

14 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wildcat,

Even though it is extremely difficult, and quite often exhausting, try and challenge those negative thoughts. Also, post what you are thinking, and I am sure the members will do a great job of helping you see the positive side to those negative thoughts.
Hang in there,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
14 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow,

I totally get how it is to be E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D. Sorry to hear that hun... As for your plan to get out, let me know how it goes!

As for the resistance to changing schedules. I don't think it is stupid at all. I think we all have those moments of dreading what comes tomorrow. We just all deal with it in our own way! Some get over-prepared and others ignore the coming day and everything in between!

As for giving up easily, could it be a side effect of the depression?
14 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D

I want out. I have such a nice plan to get out!  But... we will see! 

You know something, I have been thinking about my schedual and my resistance to change.  I did, I do not want to do the morning things in the evening because ... it is admitting that tomorrow will come.  It destroys all my hopes that the apocolypse will occur during the nite and ... I do not have to make a lunch and all that stuff.

Silly?  stupid?  I know.  But it is the remains of the negative that I have.  I still have that lack of basic value to life.  Not like a mass murderer. Please!  Just, I easily give up.  I easily give in to the depression and the negative thought patterns here...
14 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey WildCat,

How are things going at work?
hi sarah,
as you can see the anxiety went through the roof yesterday ... it is one of the worst symptomes  ... and I come close to panics but quickly come back to reason... I have all those exercises from a while ago.  I just wish I had some examples of people micro-managing their bipolarity.

Is it all a sense, a feeling???
is it a chart???
who do they do it?  because I have not met them... I have only come across a few references! It would be such a help.  Like the ladder of heightening anxiety...
14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wildcat,

It really sounds like your early mornings and evenings are packed.

You mentioned that in the morning you wake up and make lunches and do paperwork. Is it possible that some of these activities could be completed at night prior to going to bed? Maybe you could even get the kids involved and ask them to help make lunches. Make this activity fun! Doing activities such at this at night would also allow you more time in the morning for yourself to relax and prepare for your day ahead. Does this seem like something you could incorporate into your daily routine? Perhaps there is some preparation you could on the weekend when you have more time available?

Members, any other suggestions for wildcat? How do you make time for yourself on those busy days? Please share your ideas!

Let us know how it goes wildcat! We can find a solution together!

Sarah, Health Educator
hi Josie
I'm okay now.

I finish work at 4:30 and get home with the kids at 6:10.
We get homework done and a few things before supper at 6:45.
Supper ends at about 7:15 to 7:30. 
So it is Baths and Stories and Bed 8:00.
These days; I usually take something so that I can sleep by 8:30.

I am up at 5:30am for breakfasts, lunches, clothes, paperwork, and I run out at 6:50 for traffic.
I start at work 8am.

I do not know where to slot in anymore...
I have tried but there is just not much time. 
I could use the help but I have no more ideas here...

And 5:30am is generous because it is a slow start ... it takes 20 minutes to drag the rest on my family from their beds and push them to brakfasts.  I open my eyes to fight my body and the rest of my household - it is discouraging! Of course I could skip the meds to sleep and count my breaths to the thousands somewhere around 12:30 or read boring text books till 2am...
14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat,

Work on turning this issue around.  Set your alarm earlier and take some time to sit down and read the paper or have tea.  Ease into your morning and get a routine going, be early for work and show your commitment to listening to what is said and be active and positive about it.

If your having trouble getting up in the morning, then try going to bed a little bit earlier and use relaxation techniques to get you into bed. It may be a mixed episode and it sound like there may be others that are late as well.

Josie, Health Educator
I still have to survive getting there.. and it means feeling like compost today.

I took the boss' comments all the wrong way and and miserable.  She said to the group that she needs everyone in on time, and since I am the usual late I felt like the center of the focus (especially since anothe said on Monday I am not used to seeing you on time you usually come in 30 to 60 minutes late). 
  Now, I had a few days on seroquel to try to reorganise my sleep patterns and the stuff kills me !!!   And I am late 15 to 30 minutes not 60 - for Heavens Sake!!! thanks for the vote of confidence.  now I am the weak link...

Anyways in the meeting I felt like It was a public announcment " that is enough of being Bipolar, no more nonsence!  We are all on a schedule and lets all heave HO!!!"  It was as those I missed hte aside... "okay I warned her are we all okay now?"

Could it be just me?  Could I be in a mixed episode and interpreting things wrong?  It is too humiliating to ask the boss did you just scold me in front of everyone?  I want to run away - just leave all this work and these projects and dead-lines and run!!!

WHAT DO I DO ??????
14 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thats amazing Wildcat!  I am so happy for you.  Think of how much joy you will get from your own business.  You can be so creative, have so many projects!!!  So exciting! You will have to keep us updated on all the details!!

Reading this thread: