Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

staying at work

15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Goofy,
Thanks.  But I need the class on how to put the ideas together coherently so the market will accept it.  Also, there are certain things publishers look for and plagerism is not nice.

Is it just me or are my ideas hop-skipping-and -jumping around again? 

I feel like running away.  I want to be free.  Free to be me and write and have fun. Work the hours I want and sleep when I need to.  I want to lay in the sun curled with the cat figuring sudoku.  I want want to run away.

There is no work place that will want me for 36 hours straight and then watch me disappear for a week.  My family needs a maman every morning and night, not when I want to be around.  And just when do I want to be?  I do not know.  I think I am tired.  I have energy but I feel like a drafty house ... heat radiating out all over.  The more i do, the more effort I make the less I seem to be doing ... the more I seem to be heating the city.  Long live the green-house-effect!  winter here will be less cold at least, and i will -or maybe i will- feel like doing more outside. 

okay back to the grist-mill.

by the way Goofy check out Living well with depression and Bipolar Diorder: what your doctor doesn't tell you ... that you need to know By John McManmy.  THis is and author and web-site tech person who wrote about his and lots of real people's  experiences.  Very good.  I like it better than the Dummies guide.
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat, I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here.  But a book from your experience would be better than a book (how to) from a class.  I think we need a "grass roots" book!  A practical guide from someone who knows and hey, we know what we need to document.  I would love to buy your book and if you get it written, it doesn't have to be a mass market, though it would sell there!!!!!  If you count, in the USA alone, according to NAMI, 1 in 5, have a mental illness.  You might consult with a few from the organizations that assist people with Mental Illness, but I bet a class won't be necessary. 

Sounds like a great table of contents!  Keep on going with the first page.  And I bet you'd be able to buy those braces within a year!!!!!

I have to take a class on how to put a book together, and it would be worth the trouble of getting an agent to sell it.

But for Tigre's braces!  I really should!
15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HEy Wildcat,

That bipolar agenda sounds like a great idea and I bet it would help tons of people!
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wildcat,

You got it!

If you are finding this exercise a positive experience for yourself, perhaps others might as well?

Sarah, Health Educator
right now it is a mental exercise in organizing my illness and my life...

but what is good for the goose might be good for the gander, right?  and if someone else will buy it ... it could pay for my son's braces in 3 years.
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wildcat,

Is this book something you would like to get organized?

Perhaps taking some time to yourself to review all the content would be useful. And like Diva said, it would also serve a great way to channel your energies.

Let us know how it goes,

Sarah, Health Educator
yea that bipolar agenda project keeps coming back because my stuff is now in a binder and being held together with ugly elastics.

moods: charts, journals, triggers
nutrition; tips, food, alcohol,
exercise: why, where, walking chart, tips
sleep: bed time / wake time, ttl sleep (naps), quality
medications: taken, WHY,
Natural cycles: menstuations, stresses, seasons, shift-work,
telephone directory.

etc
15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat,

Oooh a book! That sounds like an amazing project! Talk about a great way to channel you energies! Wow!
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat, I have no practical advice or any other for you.  I do however relate to the "where is my motivation, drive, etc to reach my goals, to pick up the sock. 

However, know that I am here and will listen with open ears and I remember the previous talk about the book....the socks can wait, I look forward to reading the book!

Reading this thread: