Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Physical Symptoms of Depression

12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My main problem is early-morning awakening when I think in all the problems that I have. I have some headaches from time to time.
12 years ago 0 223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well ... I have fairly frequent headaches, but I have for as long as I can remember, way before the depression set in. My main physical symptom is fatigue, generally in the 4-5 hours either side of midday. Falling asleep (or nearly falling asleep) over my work, tired legs that feel as if I have just run a marathon, lack of concentration and ability to apply my previously fearsome  intellect to anything for more than a minute. I'm generally bored by my job, but not that bored.

My appetite is poor - if I lived on my own I would exist on one small meal a day quite contentedly. Food is not a pleasure for me, just fuel to be taken on when absolutely necessary.As a result I have avoided any weight gain as I have moved through middle age, so that's a cloud with a silver lining.

I am lucky, though, that I have never had sleep or libido problems.

Irritability? Well, I've always been that way inclined, but at times now much more so than before the black dog came to stay. I'm a lot less tolerant of small irritating habits and actions in others than I used to be.

12 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello My biggest is awaking from sleep at 3:00 am as well as not really having an appetite. I eat because I need to eat. Lots of yogurt peanut butter milk and fruit. All the dairy is 0 fat but would like to know how other with appetite issues eat and what they eat as well as the sleep issue. Numaseven
12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Members,

Depression not only has psychological symptoms, it can also have physical symptoms. They include:

Low libido

Decreased energy and fatigue

Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions

Sleep problems including insomnia, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping

Appetite and/or weight loss or overeating and weight gain

Restlessness

Irritability

Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain

We now invite our members to discuss the physical symptoms they may be experiencing and/or to ask questions.

Samantha, Health Educator

Reading this thread: