Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Checking In

12 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ray... thank you so much for sharing.  It helps me a lot to hear how you are managing.  I know what you mean about family not knowing you still struggle.  They just don't get it and it can be a very, very lonely feeling to be around people you love and have them oblivious (or in denial) about your pain... about how hard it is to "be normal."   It is inspiring to hear that you are finding ways to keep smiling.  Just looking at your avatar does that for me... so cute... with the perfect message.  Hang in there and keep posting!  
12 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes...i go through that as well.....as of now m doing good.....but have been suffering from depression since 3 and half years....and its pretty much difficult ....and there are days when i just want to be by myself......talking to no one.... being all alone.....just doing nothing...at all.... ........ but its rightly said every coin has two sides...
so am happy cause there are days when i feel better.....i feel like doing things.....i feel like talking to my friends....
Since 6 months my family is very much relieved and sure that m all right now....but honestly that is not the truth...... 
so at times even if m depressed i have to show as if m all happy and smiling....but that is just at times.....
i don't know why i felt like sharing all this here.....cause i normally don't........share my feelings...so easily
i don't like people knowing whats going inside me.... 
i guess cause i don't have to face anyone here...and may be cause i know m around friends who ill understand me.....so i could share...
but m happy these days....

wishing smiles for all of us....
~Ray 

12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Yes I feel that way some of the time..When I am feeling this way it feels like such a struggle to respond to anyone..I am having one of those days today..Hopefully I am better tomorrow because I have to appear for jury duty selection and the thought of being questioned and having to respond it very disturbing..I am sure glad I do not have to do this today..Just the thought of it brings me to tears. I am very tired today..

Red...

12 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
~m.. I can relate to that... when I am really depressed I can't do anything (Even getting up from the toilet can be a struggle).

Currently I am doing very well even though the external factors are not positive (losing money, no new contracts, friends moving out of country etc etc.) I am slowly getting my memory back (positive and negative memories), I am able to enjoy things I used to enjoy and I am able to enjoy compliments (I used to get embarrassed). I feel energized.

The only real change has been the medication which includes a mood stabilizer.

Currently I am working on a plan containing identified triggers, signals (Driving slowly is the first sign of depression) and steps to take when things are going wrong. I do it as part of a WRAP program.

J
12 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i'm depressed and finding it hard to respond much ... hoping it is temporary... anyone else out there feel like that?
12 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing?

Are you having a hard time? 
How are you coping?
What triggered it?

Take the time to post how you are doing, even if it is not positive. We learn from one another and the members may be able to give you some support and advice to help you through.

Prepare for those tough times and learn from the previous ones.  You have the pieces to complete the puzzle, let us work together to finish it.

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: