Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

How to encourage members to post

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi goofy,

Thank you, we appreciate all feedback and will take all comments and suggestions into consideration! You girls both have great ideas!

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, this doesn't address the question of the post.  I see several people on here who just post and say they aren't working the sessions.  I think it should be "sold" as a complete package.  I think both are integral parts of this program and are necessary for recovery.  So combined with the great ideas Sally had....I think the sessions should somehow be reinforced more, not more than the posting.  Either way, it's a foot in the door, a first step.

One more thought, don't complicate things and don't put too much on new people too quickly.  

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great ideas Sally0! We really appreciate your input and feedback! This is definitely something we can look into, thank you for your words of encouragement.

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been thinking about this and maybe posting in the forum could be more actively part of the program.  Right now it seems like an optional thing, just something nice if a person is inclined toward it. The daily mood tracker or diary could also have a section to fill out about the number of forum posts for each day (maybe with a goal of just one post, even if it is super short). Since posting and helping each other is such as important part of healing, maybe it should be added into one of the sections of the program as a homework activity? If people saw it as an integral part of healing, then maybe there would be more participation. Just a thought. I could be completely wrong.  : )

I will try and come up with more ideas. I enjoy little "puzzles" like this.

As far as words to other members: Posting in the forum is part of the healing process, like online group therapy. You only get out of it as much as you put into it. I know I want to do everything I can to get better, and I think actively participating in a discussion with other people who are going through the same thing as me plays a vital role in my healing. If I thought the forum was a waste of time, then I definitely wouldn't do it.  I have found it to be very helpful and very valuable. The forum is a way to reach out to other people, a way to combat loneliness and isolation. I have read and been told by my doctor that positive relationships are the key to getting better, and being part of the forum provides positive relationships.  It seems that loneliness plays a big part in many people's depression, including mine, and the forum is just one more tool to combat that loneliness. Just reading the posts is a very valuable and informative activity, but it is a more academic, isolated, and lonely activity. For the forum to be truly helpful, it requires an active participation, a reaching out to others, not just a taking through reading but also a giving through posting.

13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Please add you input.

We might include your words in a new email reminder service we are working on to help get more new members to post!

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi members,

We have a lot of registered members who are just not posting in the support group.  If you could say anything to these members what would you say to encourage them to post?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: