Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Your top 3 - Good Deeds

14 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like to sometimes purchase something extra from a vending machine when I go to one on campus and leave it there for whoever stops by next. I got inspired to do this when I was having a cruddy day, and two bottles of pop came out when I paid for one at a vending machine that day. It was just a nice little surprise that lifted my mood a bit, felt kind of lucky, and I thought what if someone had just left one there, initially, and that's how it happened? So I'd like to share that little boost with people.

I'm big on trying to get lost things back to people, too. I've had a couple of times where I've found people's flash drives in the library, and I'll get it to the lost and found and put a note by the computer in case they come back. Again, I especially like to do this because I've lost important things at the library before, only to pick them up at the lost and found later, which is a nice feeling.

For a third thing, I make sure to have courtesy on the city bus. Like giving the front seats to people who need them. You're technically supposed to, but you only really get made to move if someone with a wheelchair comes on. Also, if I see someone trying to press the button for the bus to stop and it's not working, I'll push the one next to my seat for them.

Little things are definitely a big deal!

14 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with CVDEB, After major medical problems quite a few people have told me that "I'm still here for a reason that God has something for me to do" I have no idea what it is but I'm searching. I've bought meals for homeless people and sat down and ate with them. You'd be surprised what you can learn from someone whom has had it a lot worse than you have. You realize that not only are you the only one with problems,  other peoples problems can be incredibly more severe than yours. I've found that sometimes supporting someone that you don't even know can have a very uplifting effect on your spirit and emotions.
14 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can't name my top 3.  Everyday I make sure that's how I live I guess.  I don't mind if people are driving faster and cut in, I let people go in front of me in the grocery line if they have only a couple of things, I do stop and talk to homeless people and buy them food if they need it...... I guess I was born that way.  I can't do life any other way.  Because I've suffered so much, I can't stand to see suffering.  I've been given so much by others, that I really believe in the pay it forward thing.  There is no other way for me.  My challenge is to make sure I'm taking care of myself too.  And I am.
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

There are so many benefits to being generous and doing good deeds. What are the top 3 kind gestures (big or small) that you have done for someone? How did you feel after performing these acts? How did the other person react to your gesture?

Samantha, Bilingual Health Educator    

Reading this thread: