Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Group Walkthrough - Session 3

11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi allmychildren7, 

Welcome to the DC support group.  You joined a wonderful community of people that are here to help with advice and support.  People who can share from their experience.  
It sounds like you are getting the hang of the program.  I encourage you to work through each milestone.  Let us know how you're doing.  What led you to finding this site?  How can we help?
Here for you,
Vincenza, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I am new and trying to find my way through this program. I feel like I am stumbling with finding things on here and knowing how to send messages or posts. But as I work through the sessions it is leading me. I am not a big support group person but there is no better way than to be behind my computer and still being a part. 
12 years ago 0 59 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I started Session 3 Monday, I find the thought tracking is more helpful than tracking my entire day. Breaking the situation into pieces helps absorb some of it. I find patterns in my consequences, I've been doing 1 or 2 entries a day.

As far as pleasant activities I've been talking to Chris, but mostly I've been busy planning and prepping.  I've been trying to plan my daughters birthday celebration. Her birthday was last weekend, she spent it with her dad so were taking her out this Saturday.
12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Those pleasant activities sound nice.  Let us know how it goes.

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In this session I looked for any changes in my mood and related it to what I was doing and thinking (I have been writing 2 or 3 thought records everyday). I have been also setting and developing goals and remembering that most of the time motivation came after action. Some goals are pleasant activities and another ones give me the sense of accomplishment.

Pleasant activities this week: practicing yoga (I enjoy very much yoga and it is good for my health), having lunch with my family and visiting the country side.
14 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Looking good everyone!  I recently upted my walking with the tracker, my goal was to get to one of walking a nite and using the tracker help me reach this..I may add more minutes!

14 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I am still focusing on those pleasurable activities, the stained glass went through I managed to make those candle holders for my friends can't wait to deliver them. It felt like such a great sense of accomplishment to get creative and do something for someone else...

I really enjoyed reading about what other activites the tohers have been doing, golf and puzzles and board games (I personally enjoy Scrabble and Cribbage...although with Scrabble I tend to make up words lol).

I haven't had a chance to get back into swimming or skating, or making soup. I guess I've come to realize that I shouldn't beat myself up if I don't do all the activities I had planned. After all, these are supposed to be for fun right? 

14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Strength,  We play boggle, trivial pursuit, Last Word, Oranges and Apples or something like that, Partini, Jenga.  Lol, he is attorney so he loves the game "last word".  When he and his wife have friends over they invite me and I play games with them and sometimes I just go and the three of us play games.  It's a great family tradition and that one we didn't do when I was at the lowest of my depression.  I'm glad it's back even if not so frequently.  I'm glad to hear you bought a board game.  The more the merrier.
14 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Goofy,

Boards games are a great idea! I actually just bought one this morning for my family for xmas. Hopefully the competitive nature of my family won't get in the way of the "fun"! haha 

What games have you been playing lately? Boggle?

Strength 

14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Grumbles, I understand and agree with the growing as a person.  I, too, wish I'd started earlier, but let's just be thankful we started and are getting somewhere - after all as my 99 year old grandmother says "It's never too late."

Keep pushing with the activities - it, as you have seen, makes a big difference as we do more!  And we don't have to like them all and if we don't like them, we don't have to do them again - but try something new!

Let's keep growing and going!

Hmmmm, golf - I used to play pre-depression; I played again for the first time in almost 5 years.  Most golf courses you can rent clubs and see if you like it before you invest some money.  Check in your area for "scrambles".  That is a golf match where they pair people in foursomes based on ability (so if you have none - there is someone on every team that is in the same spot) and everyone plays best ball (which ever is closest to the hole).  There are also driving ranges.  In larger towns, I bet they rent clubs but not around here, I'm just not sure.  Anyway, it's a game where you really play against your self.  It's relaxing, fun and I don't walk the course, I use a golf cart - lol, I should walk!

Strength, my son and I always played board games.  When he was younger "chutes and ladders"  hi ho cherry-o, memory card games and plain card games and as he got older "Boggle, Scrabble, Monopoly, Risk, Who sunk my battleship".  I think kids learn things from games and it helps them mentally.  It also gave us bonding time in the winter months and we had fun.  My son and I are still playing games and he's 30 - and competitive.  I also taught him how to play Chess but he far exceeds me in those skills now.  lol, I'm no competition for him (I think this is great though).  I still beat him at Boggle! 

Reading this thread: