Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Amazing Book

13 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks cyclerider, I will check out the library here and see if I can get my hands on a copy...and let you know how it goes.

Strength 
13 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I recommend  Depressive Illness: the curse of the strong by Dr Tim Cantopher.
It is aimed at people who have Depression caused by too much stress in their lives.

I'm not sure if it has a North American publisher in which case it is likely to prove expensive to purchase, but if you are reading this in the UK , then check it out! 
14 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Thanks Goofy! Will have to check this Happiness project out!

Strength 

14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL Goofy!  Googlable!  That should be in the dictionary!

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think I mentioned somewhere about a book called The Happiness Project.  It's also googlable (don't you just love it when I make up words).  the website has lots of neat tools to use - even without the book.  I have used it though sort of out of sync right now so not to involved with My Happiness Project Webpage - I think it's by Gretchen Rubin I'm also getting her daily feeds on one of those social networking sites (can I say it?) Facebook. 
14 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for these! I've been meaning to make a trip to the library. I will sometime this week or weekend and hopefully will be able to find these titles or perhaps another good read. If i find something else I will let you all know!

Strength

14 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My counselor recommended Mind Over Mood, by Dennis Greenberger and Christine Padesky and I found it very helpful.     It's where I was first introduced to CBT.    I'd recommend it! 
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for this suggestion Breezin_TO!

Members, what other books have you found to be good reads?

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey thank you.  The book sounds really good.  I'll take a look for it.
deb
14 years ago 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I highly recommend "The Mindful Way through Depression" by:  Mark Williams, John Teasdale, Zindel Segal and Jon Kabat-Zinn - Available in paperback and audiobook

The book explains how depression works with your body, mind and feelings, why it always seems to come back and what you can do to help yourself.  It can also be applied to anxiety.  I was quite impressed by the insight this book provided.

Reading this thread: