Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Learn to say no

19 years ago 0 45 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
batty I really appreciate your empathy. I try to be upbeat and positive, but I think it is good to get the bad feelings out also. This site provides a wonderful opportunity to do just that....and it also features folks such as yourself. take care bob
19 years ago 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
glad to see you posted bob. i was worried. as long as you are handling your stress level that is good. but remember we are all here for you to vent when needed. i am so sorry to hear about your father. i know it must be very difficult to deal with right now with your ups and downs and things with your wife. if there is anything i can do let me know. keep posting and letting us know how you are doing. ok?
Batty & OK Thanks so much for your concerns. I am muddling through life. My father took a big dive in his health. We were told he might not live, so that has grabbed my focus. I have been expecting this for some time, as he is very old. Our fairly large family has come together to handle the situation, so this is not an entirely overwhelming situation. Of course this is a very significant time for everyone in the family, including myself. I want to get close to them emotionally. I've had a couple of good crys and that feels good. Take care bob
19 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bob- Just wondering how you are doing today? your last post left me a little concerned.
19 years ago 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bob, i just wanted to check and see how you were feeling now. you seemed very overwhelmed and irritable. keep posting. tell me more about how you are feeling. i am here for you.
hi its another overwhelming day. I'm not getting enough sleep. I'm doing too much. I can't handle it. I can't say no. I feel panicky. i can't make decisions. I'm attempting to fight it. Writing on this site is one step. I have to remove a number of issues from my agenda and minimize others. My problems at the moment are largely business and community voluteer issues. I know that they are not significantly huge issues, but I just can't sit down and handle them rationally one at a time. Thoughts are swirling around in my head. A huge uruly pile of papers sits on my desk. My wife will soon be yelling at me for that. I am so confused. People want a peice of my life and its not fair. When you own a business everyone is after you to contribute and support them. But I can't blame anyone else but myself and my depression. No one else will solve my problems. I also have to make time for exercise and sleep. gotta go take care bob

Reading this thread: