Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,723 Members

Please welcome our newest members: hlc0617, Reyanna, CeCe2128, Ktktindy1, Julesy

Anger

18 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have become so enraged that I have destroyed things. Mostly my own things! I got arrested once for throwing a bunch of weights through my own walls and at my car! Luckily, they let me go because I didn't hurt anybody's stuff but my own. I have flown into rages over things my boyfriend does to make me mad alot. Usually, I have a good reason for being mad, but the way I go about it ends up in a fight, and the validity of my argument gets completely thrown out because of my inappropriate behavior. I think that things in my life that happened years ago still come back to haunt me and make the anger I feel that much more intense. It so stupid, because I know that I should take a deep breath and cool down, but I can't! I know what needs to be done, but lose it anyway. I guess I need the help of a therapist to give me more skills in coping with my anger. Thanks Gabbi for starting this discussion. I'll check it regularly.
18 years ago 0 78 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
gabbi i also have a problem dealing with my anger. i know it sounds ugly but i dont know how to cope sometimes. i throw tantrams like a little kid and afterwards i feel so dumb. tonight my husband came to stay for the weeked and a couple of hours of being home he fell asleep! after i slaved after a hot stove cooking for him and cleaning the house top to bottom for his arival. he set his alarm to get up to spend time with me and i waited. when the alarm went off i saw him turn it off and go back to sleep! he didnt even miss me. i left him down stairs to sleep came up to our room and i had a couple of drinks. i feel so rejected now. ive been crying all the time,alone.
18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gabbi, its not easy ast all. I use rationalization as best I can. Remember that it's easy to fly off the handle. When things around us are not right, and our inner self is not right, it's easy to blame the external and become angry. Anger is the extroverted version of introverted depression; it is nearly impossible to feel both at exactly the same moment (minute by minute). The bottling-up contributes to depression (and other potential comorbids- anxiety, bulimia, identity insecurity, etc.) until we can't take any more; then we have a meltdown. Knowing and understanding does not eliminate the problem, but it helps contribute to rationalization and self-efficacy.
18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone i just would like to know how everyone deals with their anger for instance sometimes i lash out and carry on like a child does when they have a temper tantrum other times i keep it all bottled inside for ages then it will take the slightest thing and it sets me off in a rage.I would like to get this under control and need some advice.Thanks.Gabbi.

Reading this thread: