Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Multi vitamins

10 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cara,

Diet can be a big contributer to anxiety and mood. Alcohol, coffee, refined sugars, processed foods and even wheat (if you have a sensitivity) could effect you. I am not sure about anaemia and anxiety but I would assume any deficiency would have an impact on how you feel. Do some research on it and work towards getting that under control. I bet it would certainly have an impact.

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well anything that makes you feel better is going to help, but only if you need them. Low iron only affects anxiety by interfering with function and motivation. Calcium is necessary for the functioning of the synapses. Most people don't get enough. Milk is a poor source considering how much it has in it. Most teas only work by making you sleepy. The exception is straight unadulterated Lemon Balm. It works by interfering with thought processes much like tranquilizers with out the sleepy side effect. In order of effectiveness I found it went like this, Chamomile, weakest, then Ginger mint, then Lemon Balm, another in the mint family. It is so good that I grow it and dry it. Buy it bulk not in bags it is not the same. Bags have other stuff in them. Talk to your Doctor first even though mine recommended it instead of Ativan. Remember everyone reacts differently.

A word on Multi vitamins. Because some deteriorate rather fast companies are known to put more in of those that do than the label says. You could get more than you want. Never exceed the recommended dose. Myself I would start at half.

Davit
10 years ago 0 169 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,

I was wondering if multi vitamins helped people's anxiety decrease? 

I don't eat much and I find that maybe my diet maybe affecting my anxiety. I was diagnosed with iron anemia a few months ago from not eatting properly?

Any one have any success with taking multi vitamins? And anyone have good experience with chamomile or other teas that calms you?

Reading this thread: