Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Almost Panic

13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good example of how to cope !
13 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Thanks everyone, i love to hear your comments and thoughts, my first instinct was to get out of there but then i thought no way and decided to fight, yes Davit lets call it an off day, Samantha, breathing, positive talking, rationalising my feelings.

xx

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Debit:  You did very well.  That's exactly what I would have done.  You took a break from walking around and looking at everything.  You sat down and ate something, changed the view, so to speak.  Often times, even today, if a mall is very busy and I am looking at everything I might get a bit lightheaded.  That's o.k.  No wonder!  There is so much colour, smells, movement all around, it tends to overwhelm at times.  So, taking a break, getting grounded again is what I do.  Congratulations!  I think you did very well indeed.  I hope you gave yourself a reward for not panicking, figuring it out and sticking with it.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Debit,

Thank you for sharing this experience with us, continue to journal your experiences. You can also use the exposure tracker in the session tools of the program to track these moments. What coping strategies did you use in this moment?

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DEBIT

You did good considering it would not have been hard to turn that into panic. Lets just call it an off day to keep it from being negative. Lets call it normal anxiety from a bad day. That is the best way to keep from storing it for later use. After all there might have been good reason for the way you felt. Not that the feeling couldn't have turned to panic, but you didn't let it. Shows you can deal with a bad day. Good attitude, congratulations.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So i went shopping today with a friend, it was about 11.am when i left to go and i felt ok, once we got there and started walking around i began to feel a little light headed, i immediatley started thinking is this anxiety, whats happening and could feel myself ready to let go, I started feeling a bit panicky but kept breathing and trying to keep going we walked around for another 40 minutes, i started to think maybe i was a little hungry because since i went to hospital with my bowel obstruction i have been eating lighter meals, we sat down and i had a toasted sandwich and a drink and i started to feel a little better, we then left there and i went to the fabric store and seemed fine after that, i have been feeling a little off all day, i dont feel anxious but was getting anxious by the way i felt , maybe i am just having an off day, i feel a little headachey and tired.

xx

Reading this thread: