Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Stress Part II

13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tiana,
Being able to count on something is really important to me.  I think I search for something I can control, when things aren't relliable.  If change expected, then I can feel that control, since I am disposed to deal with it.  My failing point is when I underestimate the difference between my ability and need for help, and when that is exaggerated.  That's when "fear goggles" harm my estimation , and I stumble.

Thank you for that boost!
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs, good for you on your success for the evening. I love what you said about change being the only constant in life. It's a universal truth and so grounding when you realize it's the one thing you can count on!

Tiana, Health Educator
Davit,
Coincidentally, I have to buy eyewear with a new prescription, and more choices await...only change is constant!

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not only can donkeys see more than 180° but every thing looks bigger to them. I wonder how they deal with that. 

Davit.
Guy,
Thanks - I called someone, and did some food shopping - hope you have a good night. 

It's inspiring when we do what has do be done, irregardless of obstacles, collectively, it's somehow easier isn't it?
13 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs4U,

Whatever you decide, I wish the best for you. You seem like a smart and nice person, and I like to think that things work out for nice people who think as well. 

I don't know about the other folks, but I spent most of the day cleaning again. cleaning out my truck as I'm going to sell that before I go east. It's just too expensive to run with the gas prices these days.

Well, I hope you have a good night and that you can see the positive in your life, like all of your friends here for a start!

Guy,
I wish I could appreciate my four eyes, but it's one of those days that I'm there are too many bales of hay, and I'm dizzy trying to decide which to choose.  What a glorious weekend!  But I feel like I have my face pressed up against the window, like I was a kid, and I taste that funny off-taste of the window and can't make myself just "go out".

It's like being at a buffet,, and not knowing where to start, and I just starve...that's what happened to the donkey.  The story of the donkey is actually an allegory used in economics to explain the importance of decicision-making.

I think I need to unwind, since I can see few people are posting, and hopefully enjoying their weekends, as we resume our preparation for Spring!

13 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs4U,

Something interesting I learned today. I don't know if it translates into this situation but a donkeys eyes are situated such that they can see all four feet at the same time. Weird huh?

Analysis paralysis - gets me a lot of the time too. Sometimes I do decision trees, pros and cons, and other things to try to help me decide. Sometimes I end up waiting too long and the decision gets made for me. To quote a rock song, "If you choose not to decide, you still have made the choice."

Thinking of you all and wishing good things for all of you!
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs4u and -m:   Ahhahahaha, made me laugh!   Sunny
~m,
to keep myself from being overwhelmed, I wondered - how do you eat a bail of hay?

One straw at a time:)

Reading this thread: