Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Calcium

13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, Davit! Yes, Debi, do speak with your doctor.

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi davit,

Thanks for that, i actually have gallstones and am waiting to have my gallbladder removed, some of my anxiety comes from feeling constant nausea from my gallbladder.
i would speak to my doctor first as maybe i have to much calcium :)
Thanks for replying

your friend
Debi
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Debit

Calcium is one of the chemicals needed for messages to cross the synapses. Now for me if I have inadequate Calcium I feel like every thing is piling up and I am being pulled here and there.
I also feel like I have a hollow spot where I am supposed to have my coping skills. It used to lead into panic because of the lack of control. (I am agoraphobic and know how to handle it but can't with out the calcium.) Valium will mellow me out but not cure it. It does reduce the amount of calcium you need so you get a balance. But if you do not absorb calcium well or if you use more than usual because of Arthritis or osteoporosis, then you need levels higher than the blood tests call for. Excess calcium will not cause stones unless it is way excess and you are prone to stones. If you do not get adequate calcium from food you could be deficient.

Of course if you try it do it with your doctors approval  It should be part magnesium but do not exceed the max for magnesium. I use cal/mag with vitamin D and plain Calcium with vitamin D. Also oyster shell works better than calcium citrate even though it should be the other way round.

Here for you
Davit.
13 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This question is for Davit,

Hi Davit,
i have seen you post about calcium in a few different posts, could you please tell me what it does and how it helps you?

Thanks - your friend
Debi

Reading this thread: