Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Weekend Prep

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Teebs

I seem to have got rapped in my own problems and forgot to answer this. Congratulations.
Real good attitude, it will take you far.

Here with you.
your friend
Davit.
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Teebs:  I missed this post somehow.  Congratulations.  You did very well indeed.  You are definitely working the program.  That's exactly how I felt when I started to get well.  I didn't let the little bit of apprehension I may have felt spoil the outcome.  In my mind, it was a success because I did it.  The little anxiety I may have had didn't stop me from accomplishing my goal.  Wooohoooo, you did it!  Awesome.  It will get easier now.  Thanks for sharing.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Teebs,
Good going girl! ya for you! That's a lot of exposure at one time....I'm so proud of you!
Juanita
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Teebs,

Congratulations on your success!  You have come so far since you started the program here.  I am so proud of you and I am very happy to hear you are proud of yourself also, as you should be.  You did a lot of exposure this weekend and accomplished so much on your road to recovery....... I am so happy for you!.... You are a inspiration to us all!....

Your friend,
Red
13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Teebs, 

This is a big success and a heart felt congratulations.  You are focusing on everything that went well and down played the one little tiny issue that cropped up.  This is fantastic.  This has happened to me before.  You are doing so well and I am so happy for you.  You are taking the power away from the negative by focusing on the positives.  You are a warrior and you have definitely chained your dragons.  You made my day! 

Your friend,

13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We had to leave home and go to the big city for an overnight trip this weekend, to visit one of my boyfriend's relatives who has been sick. That meant a ferry ride and freeway driving for me (though it was with a safe person) and then socializing with people I don't know that well in an unfamiliar place and lots of medical talk, which I don't always do that well with. Everything went pretty smoothly until we left the relatives after dinner and I was driving on the freeway again at night. I just felt a wave of panic hit me, and started imagining I was dizzy even though I really wasn't.

But, I made it through the drive. We pulled over at a rest area for a little bit and then I distracted myself with good music and by playing a word game with my boyfriend.

So, it was a bit of a challenging weekend, but I did it. To me, the biggest sign that I'm making progress is that I still felt proud of myself for doing so much in one day. I recognized all the challenges were probably catching up to me and that's what caused the panic feelings, but I was able to work through them and finish what I set out to do. Even as recently as a few weeks ago, I just would have been really upset with myself for feeling anxious at all, and would have been really worried of everything falling apart as a result of feeling so miserable for a little while.

13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Are you having a hard time? 
How are you coping?
What triggered it?

Take the time to post how you are doing, even if it is not positive. We learn from one another and the members may be able to give you some support and advice to help you through.

Prepare for those tough times and learn from the previous ones.  You have the pieces to complete the puzzle, let us work together to finish it.
Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: