Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Reminder of the Day

13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Another way to stay positive, is to think about all of the things you do have and not focus on the things you don't have.  Life is about perpetual change, nothing ever stays the same.  So, if you're not happy where you are now, it won't be like that forever, it will change.    
13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shari,

I really like the sentiment of "I did the best I could, with the knowledge that I had, at the time" - I'm going to try and tell myself that about some of my past anxious experiences, instead of getting so frustrated about how I failed to do as good of a job as I wanted.

Teebs

13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.  I find that by staying in the present it's easier to stay positive.  For me, anxiety can creep in when I think about the future.  For example, an upcoming road trip, or a doctor appointment.  I'm not there yet, so if I put it out of my mind until the actual time arrives, I feel less stressed.  Also, anxiety can creep in when I think about the past.  I can't go back and change things, but I can change my attitude about it.  I just tell myself that,  "I did the best that I could, with the knowledge I had, at the time."

13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Think positively. Positive thinking can help shape the way you perceive yourself and others. 

How do you try to keep yourself positive?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: