Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

dont know who to believe or what to think

14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Lance,
I'm always thinking those words you typed on the title. 
Because of having GAD, I ended up splitting with my husband too. It was the hardest time of my life, but as time went by, I realized that the reason I got GAD had a lot to do with my marriage. Now that I am all alone, I am able to think about what I want and what I need as an individual human being. It is definitely hard to be all alone and loose those people who were around you all the time, but now there is only one voice to be heard.
"After I lost everything, I found myself."  is one of my favorite quotes.
As of this moment, I am struggling with who I can believe now too. I feel like I doubt everything that I come in contact with, even myself. But with little steps, I keep trying to believe in myself. When there are hard days, I let myself fall but just always keep breathing and the next day might not be as bad. Good luck.

14 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance - lots of people definitely care.  I can feel your pain through your words.

A little suggestion if i may.  Search online for groups in your area , there are a lot of  community anxiety/panic attack  support groups who have professiopnal helpers out there if you feel up to talking to other people who are in the same boat as yourself.

I found it a big help in the early days of my treatment when i had no idea what was happening to me and thought i was crazy and dying.  Im still alive and kicking many years later!
14 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Lance,

Welcome to our support community.

Your frustration and fears are understandable. Have you spoken to a trained mental health professional? Your symptoms are very real and must be addressed appropriately.

Browsing through this program and working through the sessions will also give you some insight into thought patterns and learning how to change negative thinking.

How long have you been feeling this way? Did something precipitate the anxiety and panic attacks for you?

Please keep us posted on your progress and lean on us for support.

Faryal, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have had panic attacks for a long time. now they say im bipolar. I do have all the symptoms. I ask around for advice. all i get is ask god. Do AA steps. Wife who im seperated from says its all in your head and I made it up. I hate what im going thru im scared all the time, anxious, bad mood swings, just plain dont feel rite, cant sleep, not taking good care of myself etc. I ve never been so alone scared, lost and hopeless before in my life. I dont know who to believe, listen to or what to do! im a wreck!

Reading this thread: