Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

My Son

14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

First of all, this is not your fault.  You tried very hard to give your family a good life.  Working 80 hours a week would take a toll on anyone.  Often panic can surface when you are very stressed.  It sounds like the panic was a symptom of your very stressful lifestyle. 

Your son just doesn't understand, but one day he will.  Mental Illness is hard for anyone to understand and for a son even harder. Be there for him, try to reach out to him and explain.  It may take some time but he will one day be able to listen. 

It doesn't seem like it now but things will get better.  You were given this time to make yourself well.  You need some time to yourself to reassess your priorities and get healthy.  Look into the resources in your community, exercise, sleep, read do whatever it takes.

We will be here for you whenever you need us.

Work through the program.  We also have the depression centre which may help you www.depressioncentre.net.  Try to set small goals for yourself everyday. Even if it is to simply go for a 10 minute walk, that's good.

Stay Strong,

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

My Son
7/23/2009 10:52:59 PM

My son told me! Stay out of my life! you have never been in it. i worked 60-70-80 hr weeks in the catering business so my wife could be a stay at home mom for 15 years. it was a stressfull job. I used to be able to do any and everything for everyone. Then one day out of the blue I had my first panic attack while driving to work, This eventually ran my life and eventually ruined it. I tried Doctors, shrinks, meds, and eventually alcohol. I lost every thing! House family and the job I had 30 years went out of business. I fell apart! now after becoming severly depressed, doctors say om bipolar. Which makes sense. Started on lithium a week ago. Been having terrible mood swings! Im a 47 year old "man" that goes from hopelessness to crying ti being upset to feeling sorry for myself. Im sad, lonely and miss my family. Family and work were all ive had for the last 25 years! now im alone!

Reading this thread: