Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,534 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Panic Attacks

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
At first, monitoring my symptoms made me feel worse. Like since I was focusing it made me more anxious. But after a while it really started helping. Now I really try to keep track of my symptoms. It helps me know where I am at and when I need to give myself more time to relax and take care of myself.
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Some people receive immediate relief from their panic attacks or anxious thoughts as soon as they start monitoring them. Keeping track helps them feel more in control. For other, as soon as they start tracking their physical symptoms, thoughts and behaviors they may find that things get worse. Tracking symptoms forces people to look at their symptoms and avoidant behaviors causing them to realize how much panic and anxiety has disabled them. This awareness can lead to increased feelings of anxiety and even depression. These feelings will not last and the more involved in the program you become and familiar with your symptoms thoughts and behaviors, the more in control of you will start to feel.

Members, please share your experiences when you first started tracking your symptoms. If you’re just starting, let us know how its going.

Reading this thread: