Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,512 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Proof of Some Success

13 years ago 0 356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Teebs,

I was so happy to read your post this AM - I was away from the site for the last while. Good for you! That is so good to hear. I have not been doing the tracking here that you've been doing but have been monitoring how often i feel overwhelmed by anxious thoughts and it is lower thanks to this program and other things coming into focus. 

Just wanted to say congratulations on your success. What kind of rewards are you giving yourself for this hard work? 

13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the comments everyone!

Dizzy, I'm not sure I could pinpoint the "why" like Tiana said. I put a lot of effort both into challenging my negative thoughts and into doing exposure work, and both have started to pay off. Even though I over-analyze, part of me is just enjoying the fact that I'm starting to feel BETTER.

13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Upsidedown,

I put the star on everything I post. No particular meaning- just a fan of stars .

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry, just curious what the yellow stars are on the home page for a couple of forum titles
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm very impressed, Teebs! And, more importantly, glad that you are pleased with yourself and acknowledging it.

Dizzy, I agree with Davit and think anything that you can see in a positive way is good. Food for thought for you: sometimes you don't need to know the 'why' in order to make changes.

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dizzy,

Just butting in here to say I think you could analyse in a positive way and it would be good reinforcement and thought exposure, it would also fit your personality type. I think it would work for you. Why don't you try and let us know, We are all different, this could be your key. Juanita found hers and look at her now. Shari found hers too. Others are close, This could be the thing you need, Can't hurt. 

Here for you 
Davit.
13 years ago 0 118 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Teebs

Congratulations on your success from one overly analytical person to another. I noticed that you said you know longer have daily panic attacks but did. I still do in the morning but not to the degree that you do. This is the thing that really makes me mad I have done everything I can think of currently in challenging the morning attacks. The only conclusion I can come to from an avoidance perspective is that I have avoided going back to work full time. I am working part time. To me I cannot accept that this is the sole reason why I am still having morning attacks. One problem is now I know to much, about panic attacks and have all sort of scientific information to explain why they happen in the morning for me. Did you get rid of the daily attacks through a thought or through action. Perhaps it is still to early for me to stop having them. But I would really like to know what you did so I can analyze the heck out of it. Did you know that over analyzing CAN be one of the traits anxious people have. Over analyzing thing leads to all sort of negative possibilities but like Davit says it all about perception and perhaps I could analyze like you did in a positive way.

Dizzy
13 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Teebs,  that is so nice to hear. I couldn't conceive of how it could possibly change. It has/had become so much a part of me that I wasn't sure I could be free of panic attacks/anxiety. I wasn't sure I wanted it to leave since it was my identity. But I see what you are talking about. With my new psychiatrist and med changes and being part of the forum and doing the lessons, I actually feel somewhat better. I don't know how it works but its working.  I'm starting to come out of my shell I've been hiding in.  Thanks.  I look forward to #s like that. A
13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I really like logging my daily feelings in the symptom tracker on this site. I don't have panic attacks every day, but I do often feel anxious, so I keep track of how I'm doing by entering my overall anxiety score from 0-10 each day. Since the site doesn't graph this statistic (it graphs how many panic attacks you have and what your fear level is during a panic attack), and since I'm a bit of a science/numbers nerd, I decided to enter my numbers from mid-August (when I was debilitated by almost daily panic attacks) to the present in an Excel sheet and graph them myself.

I was pleased to see my average daily anxiety rating has gone from a 5.5 to a 3 over the last three months, and my "spikes" of tougher days have gone from being rated a 9 to being rated a 6 or 7. I feel better, so I knew I had been making progress, but it's nice for someone so analytical like I am to see some numbers to back it up! I still want to lower those numbers further, and be able to keep them low while I tackle more difficult challenges, but I appreciate the progress I've made to this point.

I just thought I would share to encourage you all to look at your symptom trackers to see how far you've come.

Reading this thread: