Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Physical Energy Outlet

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello JohnnyO,

Congratulations on your successes. It looks like you took some really positive steps for yourself! Really happy for you!

-Diva
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brilliant Johny o , i know exercise is supposed to really help and you sound so chuffed as well you should be . Inspiring stuff thank-you for sharing . Will be keeping an eye on your great progress  .
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
johnnyO,

Good for you! Biking, yoga, QiGong, and swimming- these are all great ways to exercise! 
I agree that you need to schedule in the time to exercise, so setting time aside at lunch or scheduling in exercise classes into your daily or weekly routine is a great way to ensure that you stay active.

Please keep us posted on all of your successes! 
Great work!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JohnnyO

That all sounds great!  Good on ya....   I personally love Yoga and don't go at all anymore.. My youngest one is 2 and there is just no time.. or so it seems.  After reading your post though.. that will be my goal this week.. to find a class time that works and just get there.. Once the routine is changed.. it becomes just that.. a routine!

Have a great day!
15 years ago 0 138 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One of my support team was really on my case about not incorporating enough exercise into my weekly routine.  He believed that raising my fitness level would have numerous positive effects which would contribute to my increased ability to cope.  This weekend I did manage to get out on my bike twice and made it to a yoga class for the first time in many months.  After already doing that,  attending a QiGong class may have been too much but I was on a roll.  It was good to find out about the QiGong class so I can decide whether to incorporate that into my routine.  I have a strong need for structure so specific class times help.  Going to the gym during lunch hour is better than "whenever".  I went to a physiotherapist who has suggested that swimming would be the best solution for back troubles that I chalk up as a contributing factor in my anxiety.  But I have yet to make the effort to check out the closest pool.  Stay tuned for my next success posting.

Reading this thread: