Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Dealing with anxiety all day

10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No problem Davit! It's our job to double check these things anyways not yours.

Sounds like an interesting study! It seems the more I learn about the brain the more questions I have. But I guess that is true about anything...

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley

Sorry I forgot to mention that. I have to quit presuming people check the physical first even though most do. I was reading about a camera attached to an EEG to record if brain activity and physical symptoms happen together. Rather interesting. Now if they added an ECG they could tell for sure if anxiety increased heart rate and pressure. But this would be too expensive for diagnostics. Still maybe some one besides me might want to know for sure. 
I'd be interested to know if the volume of activity goes up with panic or just the type.

Davit
10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lisa,

This does sound like an anxiety symptom but when it comes to anything to do with the chest/lungs it is best to get it looked at by a Health Care Professional. If it is an anxiety symptom then following the program and continuing to manage anxiety will help. Exercise, relaxation techniques and posting here can help as well!

How are you feeling today?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lisa

What is causing this is a long storey but this is one of the times when placebo effect works. Basically placebo effect is brain washing. It is treating a condition that doesn't exist to get your mind to quit looking at it.
I live alone so I can use A535 but white flower works just as well and doesn't smell. The object is to treat the symptoms like they had some base so you will quit thinking about them. How and why this works is because of memory and at this point isn't as important as changing memory. And if it isn't all just in your mind treating the symptoms won't hurt.
I must caution against starting the cough drop habit, some of these will make the condition worse.
Dependance on Xanax can happen at any dose so it is up to you to decide if it is too little based on how it affects your morning or your work. Too little sleep would be just as bad.
This is where I have to say, that is up to you and your Doctor. Besides it is prescription so you need a Doctors permission anyway. CBT will cure this condition, how long depends on how well you take to it.
The program works but it takes time. Medication is little more than a band aid, an adjunct to CBT as is any relaxation technique and placebo effect but right now the important thing is to give you relief.

Davit

10 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I haven't had a panic attack in months. *knock on wood* But, the last few weeks, I have been having a "suffocation" feeling and "heavy chest" where it makes me feel like I cant breathe right. I notice myself trying to take a deep breath every once and awhile just to feel comfortable. This goes on all day and all night, and I am awake every hour of the night it seems like after I fall asleep. I would appreciate any advice or anything on what I could do. I've tried taking my xanax at bedtime (i have the lowest dose of .25) and I wake up within a few hours. Not sure if it's because it wears off or what. Thank you .

Reading this thread: