Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,479 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Movie lines which impacted me

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Isn't it funny how some things, by their timing and personal meaning can be so transforming?  I just wish I would slow down and listen a little more.

Today I lost my temper since a doc had to leave for emergency surgery(I think he was having a panic attack!), but I lost it later since mom wasn't responding to a question..then I realize how tired she must have been, having waited so long, without eating, etc.
10 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This thread is me all over! I actually plan my study times around when my TV shows are on, it's my way of unwinding and keeping my sanity. :D

Revenge and Castle have some really good scenes. After Roy Montgomery (the captain) dies in Castle, Detective Beckett reads the eulogy, and she says "Roy taught me what it means to be a cop. He taught me that we are bound by our choices. But we are more than our mistakes. Captain Montgomery once told me that for us there is no victory, there are only battles. And in the end the best you can hope for is to find a place to make your stand. If you're very lucky, you find someone willing to stand with you." 

I did Google that by the way, I haven't memorized it. Haha.

If I think of any more, I'll get back to you :)

Kaitie.
10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Neat thread Hugs!

Nice quotes already! I bet we can come up with a few more...I'll have to think on this one.

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My favorite line was from, The Guardians.  The child speaks to the character who represents fear and says, "I believe in you, but I'm not afraid of you."  Awesome!  

Love the thread Hugs!

Shari
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wonder if anyone remembers movie lines which were transforming?

I was watching Al Pacino in "Scarface", and his line, when he quit his job as a dishwasher to his brother, was "...you worry too much...".  I kind of wish that would "change" me or transform me, although I felt at a different "stage" in  my life, perhaps

Reading this thread: