Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Creative Art Therapy

12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red, that is a great suggestion!  I left the paperwork at work - whoops!  I will bring it home on Monday and will start a thread - super idea!

I went for an amazing run around our bay today.  It was wonderful!  It makes me especially happy because after my first panic attack last year, I was afraid to run around it on my own.  It took a long time for me to get to the point where I could do it again.  This is the first time I've gone around it by myself this year (after a teeny winter break).  It still feels great!

Have a wonderful weekend too!  I send you positive happy healthy thoughts too!

Carmie

12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Carmie,

I read your post to Debora yesterday, about Self-Nuturing. I really enjoyed reading your post and it reminded me how important self care really is..They discuss self care in more detail on the forum start page under helping other members. Its titled self care..So when I put your ideas about Self-Nuturing activities and the sites ideas on Self-Care together I came up with the Idea that when ever we take care of ourselves and our needs first what we are doing is not selfish it is Self-Nuturing..
This idea This thought is helping me so much with my recovery..

I was thinking a thread on Self-Nuturing would be a great idea..Would you be interested in starting one? You have lots of ideas and information from the luncheon you attended..

Now on to a relaxing weekend. I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend too..In fact I have already started..Before I go
I wanted to let you know that I am sending lots of positive energy your way today for a lovely relaxing and self-nuturing weekend.  

Good Morning Hugs,

Thank you for your encouraging words. Having something one is passion about does seem to get the juices flowing in a positive direction..I also want to encourage you to follow your passion for Taize music. The zest you have for life and learning, by taking a cooking class and a nutrition class is inspiring. I personally find your positive lead very inspiring..

Red...
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red:

Thank you for sharing these great thoughts and ideas.  I was posting to Debora earlier about a luncheon I attended on anxiety.  One of their suggestions was to engage in self-nurturing activities and going to a zoo was on the list.  I wish we had one nearby!  It sounds like such a nice, relaxing activity.  Plenty of other relaxing activities to choose from, though. I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend!  How about you?
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,
I just wished to encourage you to continue something which is helping, since often we drift without knowing where to go.

I found a similar passion with music during a gathering of a type of music called Taize.  In the past, I just thought these people were "fringe", but that's just me and my fear.

Good luck.  I also am amazed at quilting, after a fond memory of visiting some places in the country...truly an art!
Just a little more...

I also wrote about this in my blog..for some reason I seem to express myself better there. It is a place where I can just let my feelings out without feeling any pressure..Letting my hair down so to speak. By the way I bought myself a guided journal this week which I am looking forward to writing in..I also went for a walk at the zoo. It was very serene walking down the trails  under the canopy of the trees. I am finding that there are many positive and creative ways to deal with my anxiety..
This time I have been taking for myself has helped me so much this past week..I am looking forward to continuing with more of the same..

Well, thats all for now..Talk to you again next week.

Red...
Ashley,

Thanks for noticing and for the positive support..I am really enjoying working on this project..Fine tuning it is really very engrossing. It stimulates and relaxes my mind at the same time...Mastering this puzzle is a real challenge and you know I like a challenge. I find quilting to be therapeutic on so many levels and I know it will have a happy ending..

Red...
12 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Creativity is a grear outlet Red.

It sounds like you are doing exactly what you should be.  Keep us updated on your projects.

Ashley, Health Educator
Being creative is one of the ways I have been dealing with my anxiety this past week..This gives my mind a rest from the obsessive thoughts that I am having about my health right now..I have also been doing some walking as a release for some of my bend up anxiety..
I am still worried about the health issues I am facing..I have sat with my negative feeling about these issues..but I see no reason to wallow in it..because wallowing was not helping me..So I have been letting my mind take a break from the anxious and negative thoughts through out the day, by working on and expressing myself creatively. This seems to be helping me at the moment. It gave me something positive to focus on..If I am going to be obsessing about something than why not something positive that I can enjoy..

Red...

Reading this thread: