Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Paxil vs Prozac

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A question!

Are you having morning anxiety because you are replaying past days that were not good and expecting the day you are starting to be the same. This is pretty common. And therefore there is a pretty good chance it will be the same. I have a friend that does this and it makes it very difficult for her to go to work. In fact because she can not break the cycle she is going to change jobs. As far as I can see there is nothing wrong with her job except some worker conflicts. I believe she goes to work expecting conflict even if there isn't going to be so makes herself anxious. 

Davit
12 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was on paxil many years ago for maybe 4 months, I can't remember exactly how long. It did not go well. I found I was hungry all the time, I gained weight, didn't feel like doing anything and became more depressed. It was the worst time of my life.

I am not going to the dr on friday. I am currently taking amitryptaline each night to help with migraines but I think I need something during the day as I am finding it really hard to deal with morning anxiety.

Sunflower Painter
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wrestler,

As moderators, we are not allowed to give medical advice.  Perhaps the members can share their experiences with you and what they encountered.

As always check with your pharmacist and doctor, if you are experiencing side effects.

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have a question regarding these two meds. I took prozac for 10 years (1993-2003)

Prozac helped with my OCD, anxiety and depression, but it also made me sluggish, gain weight, sleepy at the wheel, among other things.

Does anyone have any comparisons if you've tried one or both of these? I have heard of electric shock or pulse feelings. I believe I encountered these a little with prozac.

Would love to hear any advice. Paxil is an option for me, but have not decided.

Reading this thread: