Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Friend Anniversary - Suffering the Consequences

12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hello members. Today I am feeling much better and I hope that I have learned an important lesson.

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Eleveno:  My doctor has told me only 2 drinks an outing.  Doesn't go with my meds.  Best to talk to your doctor about it too.  You can make those two drinks last a long time by drinking something else inbetween, such as mineral water or gingerale. Or if you are drinking wine, make it a spritzer. I know it's not the same, but your health is important and it's worth the effort.

Sunny
12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello eleveno,

As Davit mentioned it is a good sign that you realize that this was not necessarily the best decision. Do be sure to follow the instructions given regarding your medications because there can be some severe consequences and there are important reasons for the medication guidelines.

Samantha, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Elevano

Sorry to hear you feel bad. Been there,done that. Now since you know it was wrong but will be gone soon it should not cause anxiety, but even if it does, tomorrow it will be something to laugh about. It mustn't bother you too much if you are telling us. It is good to know you are human isn't it. Think about it, I'm sure there was some good in it. ( secretly, I'm glad you did it not me. :-) )

Davit.
12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yesterday was the anniversary of a good friend of mine and he did a party to celebrate his 37th anniversary.

It was an wonderful party with exception to one thing: I had some beers and I can't drink because of the meds. The result: even not drinking excessively, today it has been an horrible because I am with stomach pains and I need to stay still because of the dizziness. I even throw up the food that I eat yesterday. It is a kind of an hangover that I am feeling right now.

Hope this night the pain will leave me alone so I can sleep.

Reading this thread: