Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

3 Things that Have Helped Me

12 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well said Eleveno!  That is what it's like for me too.  Thank you for presenting it in such a simple and direct way.  Sometimes I get lost in all my words trying to explain/understand. 
12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for your feedback.

Now answering Ashley question. In this process I have been learning a lot about myself. It seems in the last years I was a stranger to myself. I didn't understand myself and especially my thoughts. This lead me to have cognitive distortions about me and the world and culminating in a nervous breakdown last year.

Now I am learning to live with my thoughts, not ignoring them, but to challenge them, and CBT cames in handy here. I am also recognizing the fears that I have and to figure out how to do exposure work to each one.

At this time I am feeling like a scientist who are making experiments in myself whit all this new knowledge, and more important, I am feeling more confident with myself.
12 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Eleveno,

I want to welcome you to the program and support group and thank you for sharing the things that are helping you with all of us here in the group..I think all learn from each others experiences and this sharing is what makes this a good support group..
I look forward to hearing more from you...

Red.

12 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Loved reading about your visit Sunny!

The mules sound lovely .  

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gosh! Inspiration is coming from all sorts of directions today. 

Thank you Eleveno for your list and observations about the healing process.  We have similar symptoms/problems but are each unique individuals so we do have to figure out what steps will work for us.  Still.... it is always interesting and quite helpful to hear how other people manage.  

Thank you Sunny for sharing your trip and new experiences with us.  Inspires me to look forward to the trip I will soon be making.  I doubt it will be as exciting as yours, but I hope I handle any unexpected adventures with the same calm and grace you have shown :)  I love, love, love the picture of you on the tractor. Great story too!
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning all:  I achieved another goal!  I've always wanted to ride a tractor.  Never even been close to one before.  Davit showed me where the gears were, the clutch and the brakes and off I went to mow the pasture.  He took off and left me alone and I wondered where the heck he went to in case I needed instructions.  He had gone off to get his camera.  So, I'm trying to brake this thing to speak with him for a moment and it isn't stopping and I'm wondering why.  Turns out I have to push the clutch in at the same time.  I did not panic, just yelled at him as I went by and he gave me the instructions.  Phew.  It was fun.

Have learned a lot about greenhouses, wouldn't I love to have one.  I planted potatoes for the first time too.  All sorts of things.  What fun.  I brought Davit a toadhouse and it is now in the greenhouse.  I hope he puts a pic up to show everyone.  There is a toad there already - I've seen him when I water the plants.

Needless to say the mountains are fantastic.  I seem to gaze up at them every now and then, they are so uplifting.  The change of light on them never stops fascinating me.

Across the road a neighbour has Mammoth Jack Mules.  Never saw them before either.  How sweet they are, and BIG.  I go every day to give them a pat (even with all the mosquitoes) and they come to the fence to see me.  Another neighbour has over 400 sheep and these remind me of when I was a child in England and there were sheep just about in every field with stone walls as fences.  The neighbour has invited us to come and have a visit and we will soon.

Your friend, Sunny
12 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eleveno,

Thank you for sharing what is helping you.  You are right it takes time to figure out what works for you.  Yoga is a great way to relax!  Good for you for motivating yourself to make change.  You should feel proud!

What are you learning about yourself going through this process?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello members. On the last years I have been dealing with a lot of anxiety and depression and only recently I have a made a bold decision to get a proper treatment and take care of myself. This was not easy and I had to have a nervous breakdown as well as some setbacks to made this decision.

There were three things that have been helping me on my recover: medication, joining this program (paniccenter.net) and yoga class.

1. Medication: I had to consult two doctors. The first was not working and not giving importance to my symptoms prescribing meds that did not work on me. Fortunately I change doctors and have been adjusting meds with my current doctor to meet my needs.

2. Joining this program: I have to congratulate the team and health educators that have contributed to this site for putting a program that works. I reserve about 1 hour watch day to do CBT activities and posting on these forums.

3. Yoga classes: I attend 2 classes a week (tuesdays and thursdays) with yoga instructors. On mondays, wednesdays and fridays I practice yoga at home alone. While at home I try to create a relaxing environment to practice yoga. I tune-on the TV on myzen.tv with relaxing videos and music and I am following a book with simple yoga exercises that I have bought. To keep my motivation at home, every monday I modify the yoga program. I found yoga very useful for my anxiety because it is necessary to practice relaxation, breathing techniques and visualization.

One thing that I found interesting is that there is not a simple formula or way to get better. I have learn what have been working for me by trial and error.

It is all for now and I hope this give people some ideas for getting better.

Reading this thread: