Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,458 Members

Please welcome our newest members: jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease, Nallemor, Snaffums

yoga and meditation

13 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
you are right, the whole point of yoga and meditation is find the calmness and the silence inside. after a few weeks of practice i remember the first time i found the silence and i will never forget it. it was only for a second but it was bliss. now i find it every time i meditate and i carry it through with me for the whole day
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for your positive review of yoga and meditation. Many people don't realize that part of the goal of yoga is to take what you learn off the mat, i.e. being gentle with yourself, keeping your mind free of distraction, etc. When you practice it on the mat, it gets easier to do in 'real life'. Your daily commitment will take you far! Keep up the great work!

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
the box breathing exercises and progressive muscle relaxation techniques are both forms of yoga. they are great for your physical and mental health.

since i started working on my panic attacks i have been doing daily yoga and meditate everyday. i find this helps me immensly. being mindful of your situation, your body and your mind really puts it into perspective and help you through most situations that make you anxious.

yoga is great because you are exercising the muscles and relieving the tension and strain and put good use to the adrenaline in your body, but yoga is much more important than that, it is the only form of exercise that and works out your inner organs like your pancreas, kidneys, prostate in men, liver etc...

meditation is also a wonderful thing,  start each day by centering yourself and end each day with a release of all negativity and get ready for a new day.

Sunny II

Reading this thread: