Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,489 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Positive Stories And Quotes

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I really enjoyed reading this thread and the daily quotes that in my tool box every day..
Reading these helps me start my day on a positive note.
Very good food for thought.

Red

13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Saturday morning, I practise “Slotha Yoga”, as recommended in the book “Sabbath” by Wayne Muller. I went away on a retreat, and the retreat talked of the tradition of taking time out in various organized religions, and how to apply it in my life.
This is just a time to relax, not do stuff, and let things slide for the first hour of your day as a different morning ritual.
This is a contrast to the bombardment of the material world’s advertisement in media, and the other demands of life. That world sells us unhappiness, by insisting there is happiness only by buying their product(s). Most of us have enough and just need to recognize that by just taking the time “....to stop working, stop making money, stop spending money....at the end of the day, where is the desparate yearning to consume, to shop, to buy what we do not need? Little by little, it falls away.”

13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is so true, Sunny. Thanks for sharing. Some good food for thought.

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone:  Something I came across this morning:

I believe
   that our background and circumstances
   may have influenced who we are,
But we are responsible for who we become.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I like it Shari, thanks for sharing.

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love the story, and the quotes....thanks!
Cleo
13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing Shari!

I especially liked the story!  Positive out, positive in I agree with the message certainly!

I would like to add a quote as well:

"In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer." -Albert Careb

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sometimes I run out of words.  So, I thought this post would be a way to contribute in a positive way, by sharing a quote from someone else or a positive story from other sources.  I'll start it off with a quote and a positive story: 

"Some people freeze in the winter; others ski" (source unknown). 

A Father and son are in the mountains and the boy falls.  "Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh" he yells and his echo yells "Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh" back.  The boy has never heard an echo before.  He yells, "Who are You?" and the echo replies the same.  "Coward!", the boy yells and the echo replies the same, again.  The Father smiles and says, "Pay attention son."  His Father screams, "I admire you!", "You're a champion!" and the words echo back.  The boy is confused.  The Father explains, "People call this ECHO, but really this is LIFE.  It gives you back everything you say or do.  Our life is simply a reflection of our actions.  Life will give you back everything you have given to it"  (Anonymous). 

Reading this thread: