Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,500 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Nothing like a good nights sleep

14 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Red,
The flower beds are really just starting to emerge after a rather chilly winter. It will be about another month before I can put my bedding plants in as well as my garden. I usually put in tomatoes,carrots,cucumbers, onions and green beans...just enough for us to have fresh veggies. Last year I got approx. 100 lbs of tomatoes off of 8 plants, just amazing, so I made spaghetti sauce, stewed tomatoes and ate fresh ones till we started to  have a bit of a red glow!! This year I am also planning to put in a few potatoe hills.

I must admit I have far too many flower beds but I will do what I can and many are filled with perennials. I'll post a picture later this summer.
Oh! I forgot to mention ...last year we had a nest of baby robin in my trees out in front of the house, but through the picture window we were able to watch mama robin take care of her babies and feed them as well. I truly hope she comes back...it was so much fun watching them and when the last little bird hopped down from the tree to his mom ,I felt a twinge of saddness, kind of like "empty nest syndrome" LOL
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shadowkins,
I am glad to here you were able to get out and enjoy your garden today.  Your garden sounds lovely and your little robin sounds darling.  What a beautiful picture.  Thank you for this post

Red
14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shadowkins,
Just by imagining your garden and creatures, made me feel good! Glad you had a great night and a great day. 

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi shadowkins,

It is great that getting a good night has sleep has provided you with the energy needed to make such wonderful progress with the flower beds. It sounds like you were very present in this moment, taking the time to notice the robin patiently waiting till you were done to eat the worms. Continue to relish in the joys of spring and keep us posted! It is very inspiring!

Members, what spring activities do you do to keep yourself busy?

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's amazing what a good sleep can do for a person...granted I needed some meds to get there this time but hopefully at one point I will get there on my own.
Today is a beautiful sunny day with a light breeze, so I took advantage of it and worked up the flower beds that weren't too muddy. Everything is coming up already...a few of my tulips are blooming, my peonies are up about 6inces and the irises are poking through. While I was clawing the front flower bed a little robin was patiently waiting till I was done so he could gorge himself on a few big, fat earthworms. Yummmm!

Thank goodness the nice weather is here a last....there will be plenty to keep me busy before long.

Hope all of you are well and having a great day!

Reading this thread: