Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Day one off meds

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi lance. 

I think you will be happier when you are off the Mirtazapine. Been there done that. I am so glad so see you doing better. I too felt better and thought clearer off the meds but it wasn't clear sailling. I had to use a very small amount of valium on a few days to get over the hump. So if you back slide a bit please don't worry. Remember baby steps. A very possitive step. Congradulations.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

It is great to get such a positive update from you! Keep using the program, posting here and updating us.

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Well in light of how I have been doing and my recent lifestyle changes (quiting smoking, working out and a better diet and supplements) My doctor and I thought it would be okay to wean off mirtazapine. Though it's not firstline for anxiety and was mainly for depression, I think it's an important step. It made me sleep way to hard and it was hard waking up in the morning.

I'm pretty happy about this. I would much rather deal with my issues than to medicate. I'm doing the work to move forward. I only wanted to rely on meds to stabilize myself, so I could be at a point where I could move on. I'M THERE!

I'm being very cautious to monitor my moods and pay attention to how I'm doing. This is a positive step

Reading this thread: