Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Good things about the things you fear

15 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi dear

Have you tried changing your eating habits like going more healthy? Maybe it has to do with your body trying to tell you that the stuff you eat is unhealthy, or something that your body does not need.

when you eat try to bless your food, just say some prayer or make up something positive and eat it. Because the food you appreciate and blessed can be good for your health. I do this even though i don't vomit.

It's just the matter of how you program your mind. If it does not work for you in the begining keep your hopes high...thats when you become successful in anything you want to accomplish.

take care

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I once ate something that did not agree with me. Turns out I am allergic to it. But my body swiftly protected me by vomitting. So the toxins were expelled from my body and the worse I had was a sore tummy for a few days. Had I not vomitted the bad stuff would have stayed in and I could have had a very bad reaction as I am allergic to it! Sometimes, it is your body's way of protecting you!
15 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh good approach Faith,

I don't know about others, but when I get migraines, doesn't matter how much I med or lay down, vomiting releases the pressure immensely for me. So when I feel one coming on, I will induce it.

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith,
Thank you so much for sharing this!

jhori82,
Great quote! Actually, it is one of my favourite!

Members, thoughts? Comments?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Actually this is a really great addition Faith, thank you for this!

This kinda follows an old saying I heard, which goes something like:  If you don't like your circumstances, change them.  If you can't change them, change your attitude about them.

Cheers!
15 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone!

I learned something from my therapist a few weeks ago that I've found really helpful. I have struggled with a phobia of vomiting for many years, and he told me that I have made vomiting (the feared object) out to be 100% bad in my mind. He suggested I think of some good things about vomiting, or think up some situations in which I would actually want myself or someone else to vomit.

I wanted to share this with you because I found it helpful, but I also want to ask for your help! As people with, presumably, a normal view of vomiting, can you think of any such situations besides these ones, which I've already come up with?? I would really appreciate any input you have! I'm supposed to be visualizing these scenes. :)

1. a child ingesting poison and the poison control centre instructing me to make him vomit
2. a friend overdosing on drugs in a suicide attempt
3. a friend being so drunk that she is in danger of alcohol poisoning
4. a friend realizing her drink has been spiked with date rape drug
5. a child with something stuck in his throat - choking
6. myself needing to do something extremely time-sensitive like getting on an airplane or perform in a concert, and wanting to get rid of absolutely debilitating nausea first

Thanks for any more ideas you may share! :)

Reading this thread: