Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Lifestyle

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DazedMommy, Like you have said, exercise is essential and very beneficial. It's equally just as important to follow a well balanced diet rich in nutrients like whole grains, fruits, vegetables and meats and dairy. Members, do you know of any specific food items known to easy anxiety? Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dazed Mommy, I always love your input. Thanks. I totally know what you mean about going back to old habits. Especially, I find myself away from this program when it's my better days. Lately, since I've been getting nauseous after I eat, eating scares me sometimes. I get more afraid when I don't know what is in the meals, like all the chemicals, etc. I love chocolate chip cookies and I feel this urge before I eat it and while I eat it, I'm most satisfied, but after I'm done, I feel nasty. I haven't been doing my exercises this month and is planning to start again from Monday.
16 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Miki This is an interesting topic. I try very hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle because I find diet really affects me. My intentions are good but find I'm "weak".. I am a sugar junkie..lol. and love to snack at nite...and caffeine is another issue.. lol.. Lattes and Mochas..*sigh*.. When I feel great I find I start indulging far too much and once I'm back in the vicious cycle then I kick my butt into gear and start again. I excercise regularly.. I walk at least an hour per day.. pushing a stroller up huge hills..ugh.. but I could be doing more. When my diet is good..meaning I eat foods that are great for balancing (walnuts, blueberries..green leafy foods) I am so much better.. I'm terrible though.. once I start feeling better I slip into my old ways.. Just like the program.. I start things but as soon as my life is great again.. I just stop working on it.. so really it's more my fault than anything that I'm not "better".. I just get lazy.. I guess.. It's tiring fighting this all the time.. and then living a normal life with kids, family etc.. That's my blurb on this subject... Does anyone else have diet strategies that help ease your anxiety etc?
Hey guys, thanks for the support again. Cornish-dee, good luck on your exam for the abdomen. Let us know how that goes. It's really nice to hear stories from people like myself, I mean, I wish we all didn't have to go through this but the fact is that we do and I thank you for putting in your experiences for me. Today I am doing much better. Sighh...
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Miki, You may have encountered a trigger that set off your panic attack. What have you done to identify your triggers? What have you done to avoid or work with these triggers? Positive thinking will be great for you during this time, keep persevering! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry to hear that Mikki but im kinder like you today . I also have been feeling much better for the last few days . Woke up at 11pm and immediately felt awful . I wasnt breathing right so bam a full blown panic attack where i went downstairs to a startled husband . I havnt had a big big one for a few weeks . I shake for england . I am so upset it happened again and tired was up most the night . Life style , well i have a large family to care for and a husband with quite bad depression . So am busy everyday . I havnt worked since i started getting really bad in january . I have had a bad back for many years which now is the blessing believe it or not because its easy to deal with . What im not handling is a pain in my left side which has got worse the last two years and i still havnt been properly told whats wrong . All i have now it must be muscular ! The pain in my abdomen is also getting worse , but i have a hospital appointment for that in May . So at least i will have answers to that . Im sounding doom and gloomy now so will sneak away !!
Hey everyone. For the past few days I have been doing really good, being anxiety free, after weeks of depression, and today I had a bad panic attack. I have been able to live my everyday fully the past few days and accomplished going on a little trip with my husband to where I used to live, 2 hours away, to see my good friends, yesterday. But today, I was still feeling good until my dizzy spells started to kick in, noticably, after eating and I became really nauseous. I was afraid I may loose my balance and fall over. On our way home driving, I couldn't stand the speed on the freeway so I had to ask my husband to take the streets. I was feeling really afraid that this time, I may actually die from something. I was really afraid for a few hours and I have calmed down a lot now and feel better. I know there is no answer to this, but why does it have to happen when things seem to be getting better? It just gets me sad that I'm back in the "hole" again. I am trying to think positively though... and I was wondering what kinds of lifestyle every one is leading. Does everyone exercise and eat healthy regularly? Work hectic jobs? I am only 24, I'm married, no kids, no job, no school yet... and I work out once in a while.

Reading this thread: