Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Regrets

13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh my yes... plenty of them.  I've heard it is an unavoidable part of being human.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Everyone.

Does any one not have lost dreams. Could anyone possibly have done all they had planned, some how I doubt it. I know I have lots of them and lots of regrets. They are in the past and lots of them are due to all the anxiety I suffered. Time to pick up the pieces and make the best of it. I am always being told it is amazing how much I have accomplished with all I have against me. Yet to me it seems like so little. I think we all do this.

Here for you,
and with you,
Davit.
13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny & Tiana are so wise! :)  I just would like to add that it is never too late to go back to school. That might be good incentive to keep working this program  so someday you might be able to go back and finish.  
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Spartan,

It is normal to have regrets. We all have done/not done something that we wished we could go back again and do differently. However, it's important not to get caught up in living in the past. Can you see how you've grown as a person related to things you did in the past? Focus on the positive results of those situations. You are a strong person to have gone through what you have... You have a great future ahead of you because of the learning you have done in the last few years!

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Spartan:  Yes, I have had those, quite a few too.  Now I'm much better about it.  It's like the saying, no use crying over spilled milk.  Sometimes I think it is an excuse not to move forward - afterall, if we are a failure, what's the use?  that sort of thinking is very negative.  Nowadays, I pick myself up and start something else I'm interested in.  Tomorrow is going to come again and this time I don't want to say, "if only I had done such and such....." all over again.

It's not always easy, there is a sadness in letting go of past plans which meant a lot to me at one time.  But on the other hand, it is o.k. too because I've learned something and have other plans which are just as important!  Time marches on, waits for no one, might as well do something or it'll catch me regretting all over again.  I'm not going back there.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ever since I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks, I've noticed that I have a lot of regrets. For example...I was in University in 2006 studying to be a High School Teacher, then I started having panic attacks and it was just too much for me so I dropped out. Now I sit around and think, "If only I hadn't dropped out...I'd be almost done school". Or I think, "If only I wouldn't be such a procrastinator I could be better or mostly better by now". If I had only cared enough to do something about my anxiety and panic 4 years ago maybe I wouldn't be in such a deep rut right now. If only...if only...if only...anyone else have these thoughts about regrets too?

Spartan

Reading this thread: