Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

hit the wall

11 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
justducky,

So sorry to hear you're feeling down. As Carmie suggested, I would also encourage that you speak to your doctor about your withdrawal symptoms. In the meantime, is there anything you can do tonight to relax and pamper yourself?

I agree with Carmie that journalling may be a fantastic idea in this case, as it would allow you to pinpoint not only your feelings but the circumstances in which they have come about. Hence, going forward, you would have a better idea of what brings negative head space about and also, a better handle on how to avoid negative head space as a result.

Sonia

11 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Justducky,
I 'm sorry to read this.  I hope that you will be able to talk to your doctor about your withdrawal symptoms.  Do you think that there is someone from the office available this weekend.  I would think that they would want to know that you are feeling these symptoms.  Perhaps you can keep a journal until you can reach them? 
I hope that you can find some kind of self-nurturing activity that might bring a little joy into your day somehow. 
Wishing you well,
Carmie
11 years ago 0 66 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everyone...  I just feel so done right now, both mentally and physically.  I don't know what happened yesterday but I hit the wall.  Just started feeling out-of-it, bit fainty, emotional, anxious and its been down hill since.  I did cut out my cipralex totally yesterday as discussed with my doctor.  We started to cut back end of April about 50%, and then decreased to nil yesterday.  Maybe this is affecting me - most likely.  The constant battle with the meds, my negative head space, have to exercise/eat well, etc.... I just feel at the end of my rope.  Is life supposed to be like this?

JD

Reading this thread: