Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

having increasing anxiety and more attacks

12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Justducky,

I wanted to make a little post to say that I would echo exactly what Ashley says.  I found great value in following the program.  It wasn't always easy to find time to do the reading and the homework so I think that Ashley's suggestion to come up with a schedule is a good one.  Also, I think it would be really helpful to have some of the relaxation tools to help along the way. 

It does take a bit of effort and it's not always easy but I feel better every day.  I wish you the best in everything!

Carmie
12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jusyducky,

I am sorry to hear you are feeling anxious.  How are you feeling today?

Doing the program will take effort but it also will help you. If you can try to focus on it even for only 15 minutes a day that would be beneficial.  You could start with the session on relaxation techniques as these will give you immediate relief.

What is preventing you from stopping the anxiety? What are some of the anxious thoughts you are having? 

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 66 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone,

Over the last few weeks, my anxiety has been increasing to the point where I'm making silly mistakes at work and I'm teary more often.  My roomate is away this week so maybe the distraction of having her around and now not having her around, may be increasing my anxiety this week.  I was making lunch and doing dishes this morning, and I got dizzy and couldn't really focus on anything for awhile.  I know these are probably anxiety symptoms.  Its so frustrating because I got to work everyday and I exercise quite abit, and don't seem to get improvement.  And when I don't get improvement, my anxiety further increases.  I'm supposed to be working at home today and haven't been able to do anything yet because I can't focus.  I try not to think about what I'm going through because I'm scared ill just break down and not get out of bed.  A therapist suggested anti-anxiety meds.  I'm already on an anti-depressant and am quite hesitant to get hooked on another med.  But I don't know how I can do therapy, CBT, etc... when I feel like I'm running around all day on high anxiety.

On the other hand part of me feels that taking pills is the easy way out and I haven't put in the hard work...? I don't know....

Thoughts?
Just Ducky

Reading this thread: