Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Peeling Myself Off the Ceiling After a False Alarm

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The two courses I took seemed easy, and I just did them for interaction and some practical reasons., as I resumed trying to find a social space in my life, following an illness in the family.

The participative nature and expectations of "homework" caused me grief since I fear failure.  I can continue, but it's hard since I've hardly been out, and even dressing is a chore, since I haven't been paying attention to myself. 

What's worse is that there is actually substance to the courses, which is well within my grasp, but following a drastic change in routine, it's been hard to adjust. 

The good thing is the facilitators are good at managing the climate in the classroom, as opposed to those gremlins in my shrinking head.

I'm afraid I might lose the focus of caregiving, but one course involves ranking values so it should bring me back

12 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hugs4U,

Interesting observations...what were the more 'intense activities' that you begun in the new year? Are you still pursuing them?

Keep the insights coming!

Sonia
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
After a week of sleepless nights, and noticing how irritable I was, I realized that what I thought was passion, might not be.  In the library, I wrote out a though record, and started to come down to earth.

I thought I was "interested" in something, but found out I was afraid of the more intense activities I'd started in the new year.  Spending half a year inside, I guess I was "blinded" by the intensity of the interaction in class.

What's great is that the facilitators for both classes are so sensitive to group dynamics.

Anybody out there found a kind soul who knows your pain, and adjusts accordingly?  Or am I the only lucky one

Reading this thread: