Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Negative effects of worry - a heavy price

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Worry is a waste of imagination. Yes I think it is inspiring. The mind really can do some amazing things.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have to add that there's nothing like calm.  Today my tire's special nut broke as I was getting help changing tires, and I was calm about seeing the automobile service manager and working out an arrangement.

When worry subsides like today, isn't it inspiring?
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

Yes I do and it annoys me to no end. Once they start to go round and round they are hard to stop. Once I start to think something I don't want even if I try to think something else it usually comes up as an associated thought and I'm back to the original one again. Only cure seems to be to do something entirely unrelated so I can start a different thought. This means setting aside what I am doing for a bit and I don't always want to do this. It doesn't always work either, depending on my mood (emotions control thoughts) some times the unwanted thought just comes back with the renewing of the original project or thought. I know that this can be broken but it just seems so difficult to be bothered if I'm tired. So I use relaxation to cope and ride it out. 
Worry, pain, sickness all cause sadness for me and all rob me of time better spent doing something else. Some of this I can bull through by changing projects, some I just have to live through. It is probably normal, I just don't want it. CBT does help with the emotions and thoughts but not with personality, that I have to recognize and change on my own.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wonder if others have noticed how worry takes away your time by displacing better behaviours, as well as fatigues you.

I noticed this with circular thoughts, without my acting or expressing them in any way?

Reading this thread: