Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Too Much Advice Slips Away

12 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I try to keep everything balanced as much as I can so I can get a variety of info and a variety of silence and me time. But when I do get distracting info, I may just avoid it for a few days or I may get anxious from it and have to tell myself that after a few days, I'll get over it as much as I always do. 
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Samantha,

I have been doing what you have suggested in your post since the middle of October, that is limiting the amount of time I spend "connected" and it really has helped me a lot. I have been spending more time relaxing and freeing myself up from technologies and distractions..It really has made a world of difference for me. I also try to take what I need and leave the rest behind when dealing with information overload. Switching gears to something else has been very helpful too.

Well I have reached my limit for now.
Signing off..
Red.

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello hugs.

I don't really have an answer for information overload. I usually pick out one thing or something entirely different to do. Some how I don't seem to lose the other information it just doesn't seem to affect me anymore.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello hugs4u, 

Although the site here is a really helpful tool to help you with panic and anxiety. I think it can be really beneficial to limit   the amount of time we spend "connected". Manage your time accordingly by including time to spend online and on the site and also schedule time to relax and be free of technologies and distractions. This may help alleviate the feeling of being bombarded and allow yourself to get into a more relaxed state. You can also use the deep breathing techniques offered in the program, hopefully being in a more relaxed state will help you feel less overwhelmed.

Members, do you have any suggestions for dealing with all the information that is sent our way?

Samantha, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I find that a get a lot of advice, which I forget or am too overwhelmed, so I can't use it.  In the past, I found this especially with my mentor.

With a cousin, she suggested I use gloves(as helpful Davit did on a post) since I think it would cut down on germs at the gym, and protect my parent.

How do others deal with so much information coming towards us, and that attempt to process it, which may be crushing us?

Reading this thread: