Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

to move out or not

12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello justducky,

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. Ultimately you know deep down what the best decision is for you, whether it is to move out or not to. You may want to journal about how you are feeling about this situation because there may be moments where you are thinking quite positively and others where you have negative reaction to it. Making big decisions is never an easy task, I would recommend checking out session 15:Role transitions. This decision would involve a role transition from living with family to becoming a roommate. Work through the program and continue to post about your experience. We are here for you! 

Members, how do you proceed to make larger decisions?

Samantha, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 66 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everyone, its been a little while.  I haven't posted lately but i read quite often.

I've been quite up and down lately, but getting by I guess.  I'm currently living at home with my family and have been for the past 2-3 years.  A good friend of mine just had her roomate move out of her place, and she asked me to move in.  Deep down I know it might be good for me, but I started feeling panicky and had a panic attack at work.  Maybe not a full panic attack, but I felt really dizzy and spaced out to the point that I couldn't remember most things I was reading.  Really tough day.  Some people that are close to me, think it would be a really good step for me.  But I can't handle feeling this way every day.  I can do short term challenges (travelling) because I know the anxiety will stop once I'm home.  But moving out is different.  Its like my mind just gets so stuck and all I can see is negative and I feel like I'm gonna jump out of my skin.  I feeling pretty hopeless and it scare me to think I may have to live with this my whole life as I'm not old.  I don't think I can do that.   

Reading this thread: