Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

bad anxiety all last few days

12 years ago 0 66 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey,  Thanks for the reply :)

My anxiety has come down somewhat.  I was able to sleep 8 hours last night.  I find that I'm either groggy, down and fighting negative thoughts or anxious and can't sit still.  I do have a good life.  Nice place to live, supportive family and friends and a stable job.  But everytime I think of the long term I "don't know".  For awhile I felt like I wanted to do my masters and now I got in and am supposed to start in Toronto in the fall.  I think my increase in anxiety this last week is because I need to make a decision for sure about moving there.  When I think of going there all I can see is the negatives.  My mind set switches usually during the day somewhat where I can see some positives, but this battle with my mind is so frustrating, that at the end of the day, this is what makes me depressed.

What meds are you on if you don't mind me asking?
I'm off for a swim and steam room today.

- justducky
12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello justducky. It seems you are having an hard time and you are not seeping also. I understand you very well because my main problem was the lack of sleep and hight levels of anxiety. I have to switch 3 times from doctors and finally I thing I am on the right meds because I sleep much better and my wife said that it noticed a big mood improvement.

12 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Justducky,

Sorry to hear you haven't been sleeping.  Many members of this forum can relate to being unable to sleep.  You might want to search through the forums to check out other discussions on this topic.  Another suggestion is the session on Relaxation Techniques.  Practice these techniques throughout the day and before bed and they may be able to help you sleep.

Also, continue to work on the program to manage your overall anxiety will help as well.

How can you make the positive thoughts in your head louder then the negative?

We are here to support you through this. Post often!

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 66 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everyone!  I haven't written in here for awhile.  Hope everyone is doing pretty well :)

I'm not too sure what triggered it, but this week has been awful.  Last saturday night I went out for a friends bday and drank more than i usually do.  I had 5 drinks (I think) that night.  I didn't feel that bad the next day.  Maybe a little more anxious and restless, but didn't think anything of it.  Then monday afternoon at work came around and I started having an anxiety/emotional attack and I got really scared.  Then monday night I hardly slept.  It was actually hard to close my eyelids because they felt tensed up.  I slept maybe 4-5 hours max.  I took tuesday off work because i woke up exhausted.  On top of this, my brother and sister-in-law moved in to my parents house with us over the past few days and things have been abit chaotic around here.  Then on tuesday they left for europe for a week.  They are a big support to me because I know that I always feel calm when they're around.  Then moving in also signifies that I'm moving to Toronto in September to do my masters program, which i have already excepted.  This is huge change for me, which drives my anxiety sky high.  But it also would be good for me.  Okay, so back to tuesday... I didn't sleep that night either.  Even worse actually.  Slept 3 hours max and layed for 4.  I went to work anyways and only made it to lunch.  That night I tried taking a benadryl to help me sleep but didn't help AGAIN.  So yesterday, I was really upset.  Called me psychatrist and he told me to fill my script for clonazepam, which I did. I took 2 yesterday (first time in my life), and it did help.  I felt really drowsy but was able to sleep about 7 hours at least.  Sorry for the llloooonnnggg message but I think I needed to give some context to how I'm feeling.  Today I feel better than yesterday, but my wheels are spilling.  How will I manage at work next week?  All these negative thoughts about myself are sooo much louder in my head?  I know its not a good time to make a decision about moving or not.  But soon I will have to.  Any thoughts on how I can help myself?  Or maybe I'm just seeking reassurance...

justducky (well not quite)

Reading this thread: