Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Dont get it

14 years ago 0 224 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It seems to me that the driving is really important to you right now. You mentioned that driving for you means that you would be able to make more money, and it would also provide the means to see your children.

How have you been doing with the driving exercises? Even if you have not done any exposure work in a while, where was it that you last left off? 

Luciana, Bilingual Health Educator
14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I was walking for months! I take the bus and the light rail downtown. I was doing that almost daily until my little depression setback and I havnt gotten back on track yet. Now I drive to the light rail station, its half a mile and its hard.

If I drove everywhere my life would be much better. Especially since to make more money and to see my kids I have to drive.

14 years ago 0 224 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Lance,

It can obviously be frustrating to feel the way you do. Even though it may not seem like it at this moment, this will pass, and you will be able to continue on with your life, and you will be a much stronger person from getting through this all.

Sunny had some good ideas about being more active and maybe trying to walk places or even take the transit until you feel confident enough to drive. Members, do you have any other ideas for Lance?

Luciana, Bilingual Health Educator
14 years ago 0 192 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lance:  I hear your frustration...wondering if you walk anywhere.  Maybe you already do but if not, try a short walk every day.  It will get you out and about a little, get some fresh air.  I know it's not driving, but it will get you socially active, meeting people that sort of thing.  Keep adding a bit more distance to your walks.  I don't know if there are any stores/coffee shop nearby but just going there and having some social contact is good.  Just a small step to start so you don't get closed into the house especially in the winter.  It's easier to do the car driving exposure work when you feel more relaxed and ready to try.  hope this gives you some ideas...
14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I just ran across a friend on Facebook of course and sent a message. When we worked together years ago I was fine.

Why cant I just get in my car and drive somewhere? Why is it like this? This whole Panic attick thing ruined my life!

None of the bad would have started if it wasnt for that first panic attack. My world began to slowly deteriorate from that day forward. I had a life a family and abeautiful home. Its all gone and I still cant get in my car and go somewhere. It sucks.

Reading this thread: