Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Hello

8 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

Thank you for sharing with us a bit of your experience. I must say, I am very impressed with your determination. Congratulations on the health improvements you have already made. I think think program will be of great benefit to you. Have you had a chance to get started yet? If so, how are you finding it so far?

It have been a quite a few days since you posted last, how are you feeling today?

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have an appointment with my counselor on Wednesday morning. I am determined to get this under control.
8 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, I'm new myself. I definitely think it's important to find a good therapist to work with. For me a lot of help started there. Like yourself I also had many good years without attacks and it can be tough when you feel yourself slipping back into that state. Good luck on your journey forward. There is lot of treatment and help for Panic Disorders. 
8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your success Jason. Kelley, this forum is for support(see the fine print at the bottom), and as well-intentioned as we all are, we can't replace the pro's. I wish I'd given up more work for appointments, looking back, since the personal time will bring us back to our best "normal" state. Do it for your children, although they seem like a handful now. Remember that your judgement is skewed now, so account for that, too, with a cushion favouring your wellness.
8 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your experiences sound a lot like mine. I have went from nervous breakdown to being perfectly fine over the years. I too have high hope that this program will help. It's hard fitting in going to counseling with working full time and having kids and responsibilities.
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the group.....
8 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good evening everyone. I am a 36 y/o male who has suffered from on and off panic attacks for over 10 years. I have been to the ER numerous times for my symptoms over the years, each time convincing myself that "this time I really am dying" and looking for any difference or new symptom to justify my visit to myself and others. I have been on anti-anxiety/depression meds since my early 20's, trying numerous different ones, finally settling on Zoloft about 10 years ago as it had the least side effects for me. My dosage has slowly gone up to now I am taking 200mg/day. When the panic attacks started, they were closely grouped together for a period of 6-9 months. My only action at that time (besides trips to the ER) was to pop Ativan or Xanax until i went to sleep. Over time the attacks went away and I probably only had maybe 1-3 attacks per year over the next few years. I feel that I kept myself from having more by just popping a pill if i felt the slightest twinge of stress/anxiety. That obviously is not a long term solution and put me at a severe risk for becoming totally dependent on the pills. I had another grouping of attacks starting when i was 28-29....same actions on my part as the first grouping. I did reluctantly start seeing a therapist as well, probably too late, as by that time the attacks were disappearing..I had probably turned 30 by this point. After only maybe 15 sessions, I quit going and luckily i had a period of a few years with no attacks. Starting a few years back the attacks creeped back into my life and have intensified here recently. This time I vow will be different and I WILL learn to properly manage my anxieties and not let them attempt to control my life. Over the past 3 months I have dropped close to 20 pounds through diet changes, only the beginning of a lifestyle change to regain control over my mind and body. I really look forward to going through this course and interacting with others who are going through/have gone through similar situations.

Reading this thread: